Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alice lake  (Read 2561 times)

hookme

Alice lake
« on: June 26, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »

Hi there I'm heading to alice lake this Sunday any suggestion of what kind of fly to use and where to find a good place?  just fishing with a din-gee
Thanks! :D

jimmywits

Re: Alice lake
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »

Hi there I'm heading to alice lake this Sunday any suggestion of what kind of fly to use and where to find a good place?  just fishing with a din-gee
Thanks! :D
Pretty standard stuff; spratley's, woolly buggers, chironomids, half back nymphs, buicks, leeches. I have caught fish in there on all these patterns. If the fish are off the bite or go off the bite try a Royal Coachman on a sinking line. I have caught fish all over the lake, and as it is not a huge lake it is easy to cover the water.   good luck  tight lines
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:03:20 AM by jimmywits »

hookme

Re: Alice lake
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »

Pretty standard stuff; spratley's, woolly buggers, chironomids, half back nymphs, buicks, leeches. I have caught fish in there on all these patterns. If the fish are off the bite or go off the bite try a Royal Coachman on a sinking line. I have caught fish all over the lake, and as it is not a huge lake it is easy to cover the water.   good luck  tight lines
Thanks for info i'll tying that Royal Coachman for the first time i have to look to my reference Youtube ;D