Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forsberg Derby  (Read 2292 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Forsberg Derby
« on: January 14, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »

Peter Forsberg says he's going to make a run at getting into the best shape possible over the next three weeks and if he's healthy he wants to go to a Stanley Cup contender.

Teams that I think will be interested for sure will be Ottawa, San Jose, Philly, Vancouver....nice thing about it it will be for pure dollars without having to give up prospects, trades picks, etc. unlike other teams that will be selling off players like Sundin for a hefty pice tag.

However, whoever does get him won't be getting the MVP Forsberg of the past... but he's still a point a game guy.  Even though he is injury prone, if he can play out the season he could definitely help any team who gets him, especially a team like Vancouver who needs a top six forward who can put points on the board.  It'd be nice if the Canucks could nab him...would probably get his boyhood buddy, Naslund going...just don't know if the Swedish connection is enough to get him here??  Afterall, he can hang out with as many Swedes as he wants over the summer time back in Sweden so it's probably not a high priority for him. 

Of course, if he is interested in some sort of connection with the Swedes I think he would opt for Zettisberg and Lidstrom so I think Detroit would definitely be in the running.  Who wouldn't want to play with those gugs?  And then there's Philly, where he's has a history.... so who knows?

Hopefully, Nonis will give him an offer he can't refuse and we'll take our chances that he'll stay healthy!  Only time will tell.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Forsberg Derby
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »

We are making a pitch for him in TO also as we going for the Cup too. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »

Might as well Chris. The Laughs always bring in guys near the end of their careers. Remember Ron Francis, Brian Leetch ? ;D BTW what cup are you guys going for ? ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »

sorry Chris...for once I disagree...we don' need anymore old wanna b's....I'd rather tank and try for Stamkos or Doughty....until Peddie the prick is gone the Leafs will suffer....just how it is...;((

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley