Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: The HST vote - making a decision  (Read 124710 times)

StillAqua

Re: The HST vote - making a decision
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:52 AM »

That statement is just typical left wing rhetoric. You need to study some economics and less NDP propaganda....   ;D
Always with the socialst slurs AF. Your American Tea Party roots are showing in your rhetoric.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »

I
Always with the socialst slurs AF. Your American Tea Party roots are showing in your rhetoric.

I prefer to think of it as "calling a spade a spade".   :)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:37 AM »

Yep. - If you don't agree, you're a nemesis to society, an idiot and need to be talked down to, because we don't understand that taxing us more is better in the long run.I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like AF is talking to an errant child when you're not 100% in agreement with him.
Are the provinces that have the HST that far ahead economically?
How many more companies have set up shop in these bastions of "free enterprise"?
How many business interests were saved by implementation?

It's all our fault that we don't spend more time gathering crumbs at the feet of the Fraser Institute and hanging on their every word, because we know all they say is true! ::)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:14:25 AM by Novabonker »
http://

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »

That statement is just typical left wing rhetoric. You need to study some economics and less NDP propaganda....

love how somehow disagrees and they are instantly a "crazy right-wing loon".  ;)

as for the HST, keep it in. its for the best in the long run :) (at least for my family  ;D )

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »

"Corporate tax rates have a Federal and a Provincial component (just like personal tax rates). You need to add the 2 together to come up with the Canadian tax rates. You will likely have a different opinion on the statements you've made.  "
I stick to what I said and roll my eyes back at you  ::) . Canada has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world. I have enjoyed how you claim everyone's left wing mentality but fail to agnowledge your far, far right wing mentality. Can I assume you are a business owner or former business owner? Calling others a spade is funny coming from a right wing spreading his propaganda from gordo's thieving liberals

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »

"Corporate tax rates have a Federal and a Provincial component (just like personal tax rates). You need to add the 2 together to come up with the Canadian tax rates. You will likely have a different opinion on the statements you've made.  "
I stick to what I said and roll my eyes back at you  ::) . Canada has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world. I have enjoyed how you claim everyone's left wing mentality but fail to agnowledge your far, far right wing mentality. Can I assume you are a business owner or former business owner? Calling others a spade is funny coming from a right wing spreading his propaganda from gordo's thieving liberals

You're being verbose if you don't agree........ ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Oh - and look here
Say it isn't so AF ;D ;D ;D

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1412536

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:46:21 AM by Novabonker »

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »

Your post is verbose  ::)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »

I come from a long line of verbosity  ;) - Funny how all those wonderful guys that were going to pave our streets with gold and the kazillions of dollars that were going to rain from the sky once this "revenue neutral" tax was imposed just haven't shown up yet. I'm going back out on the doorstep to watch some more. It is going to happen soon isn't it?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:09:04 AM by chris gadsden »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »

* Christy Clark Premier – A reflection on and dishonest election!
    * The Liberals Lying Again on the HST & Restaurant Meals
http://standupbc.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/christy-clark-premier-%e2%80%93-a-reflection-on-and-dishonest-election/

http://standupbc.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/the-liberals-lying-again-on-the-hst-restaurant-meals/

Gee Whiz Chris- the leftist rags again? What are they basing that stuff on? Facts?Truth? ;)You know the only place that truth flows openly and freely is the Fraser Institute. And the provincial Liberals. ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

* Christy Clark Premier – A reflection on and dishonest election!
    * The Liberals Lying Again on the HST & Restaurant Meals
http://standupbc.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/christy-clark-premier-%e2%80%93-a-reflection-on-and-dishonest-election/

http://standupbc.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/the-liberals-lying-again-on-the-hst-restaurant-meals/

"A reflection on and dishonest election!" ....  That article is just sore loser talk..   Fact is Christy won the election because more people voted for her than for the NDP candidate!

Statistics Canada has a report that indicates that restaurant sales in Canada are up by 3% over the last year. It indicated that restaurant sales in BC increased by 3% as well.......

Doesn't sound to me like the HST has had a negative impact on the restaurant industry in BC. Once you take into account the tougher drinking and driving law that was introduced (which likely has has a negative effect on the restaurant business) it sounds like our restaurant industry is doing fine.

Mind you it does cost more to eat out........  :(
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »

From my friend Bill. ;D ;D

Average BC family pays $1,208 per year more in HST - not $350 as reported

DELTA – (Saturday, May 14, 2011) – Fight HST Leader and former BC Premier Bill Vander Zalm says the BC Government’s “Independent Panel” report on the Harmonized Sales Tax seriously underestimates the high cost of the HST on average BC families.

“The actual tax increase under the HST for an average family is closer to $1208, not $350 as they reported,” Vander Zalm explained.

Vander Zalm says the government-appointed “Independent Panel” presented the HST in the best possible light in each of its calculations, severely diminishing the “real” impact of the tax on families by over 300%.

Fight HST says there are a number of other flaws, including the Panel discounting the impact of the HST by estimating that 90% of HST rebates received by businesses will be passed on to consumers.

“The report says that business will pass 90% of their HST rebates on to consumers in the form of lower prices. 90%! That is a ridiculous number given that we’ve seen prices go up in BC under the HST, not down,” said Vander Zalm.

Vander Zalm says the report contains several flaws:

* The report incorrectly concludes that consumers in BC have a net additional tax burden of $1.33 billion when in fact it is $2.6 billion. After deducting the $400 million of income tax measures, the net HST cost to British Columbians is $2.2 billion - or $1,208 per average family – not $350 as reported.
    * The Panel’s figure of a 17% net increase in taxable expenditures leaves out the fact that HST is now applied to much higher cost items such as services which are labour based, so that the overall increase to consumers is 59% higher than under PST, even though the HST is added to only 20% more items.
    * The 24,000 jobs estimated to be created over ten years will therefore cost British Columbians approximately $100,000 each.
    * The report shows PST previously paid by BC consumers as $3.81 billion and by business as $850 million when in fact it was $2.53 billion consumers and $2.13 billion by business. (Figures were adjusted to include the 90% “savings” from business again)
    * The report contradicts itself by saying the HST will stimulate business, yet if their calculation of 90% of savings passed on to consumers were correct, after tax HST savings to business would leave only 7% for reinvestment, increased wages or shareholder distribution.
    * The report claims 80% of household spending is taxed the same as it was before the HST. But taxable expenditures before and after the HST show 37% of taxable expenditures are newly taxed under HST for a net increase of 59% in taxes under the HST.

“Where the Panel did get it right was in their assertion that the HST will not produce dramatic results overnight. This is actually the understatement of the century, since any net benefits from the HST over the next ten years are indiscernible from normal growth, and fall into the margin of mere rounding errors,” said Vander Zalm.

Vander Zalm says the Government Panel’s report is even more devastating to the BC Liberal government than previously thought, since its estimated meager benefits are based on a “best case scenario” with unrealistically optimistic assumptions about “cost savings” passed on to consumers.

“We know now that the HST does not work. We can see it in the report and we can see it in our daily lives under this tax. Unemployment is up, prices are up, and the economy is down. Former Premier Gordon Campbell made a big mistake in taking on the HST to try to cover a deficit hole. The long term costs are extremely damaging to BC,” said Vander Zalm.

“It’s time for the new Premier Christy Clark to fess up and admit that it was a bad idea. In light of this report and in light of the serious damage the tax is doing to our economy and business, how can Premier Clark and Finance Minister Falcon continue to take the same positions as their predecessors Gordon Campbell and Colin Hansen?”

“We know the BC Liberals are very close with big business. We know the HST will provide a windfall profit to the big corporations that operate here. But the long term economic damage to BC is not worth it.”

“We urge every British Columbian to vote “YES” to extinguish the HST and return to the PST and GST with the same exemptions as before. It will save jobs, businesses, and help get our economy back on track again,” Vander Zalm concluded.
 :-\

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »

..... I thought Bill was on vacation.  ;D

Can somebody provide an update on how the recall campaign is going?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »

..... I thought Bill was on vacation.  ;D

Can somebody provide an update on how the recall campaign is going?
The recall will take place at the next election. ;D ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »

Good one, Chris!!    ;D  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29