Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: richmond bc  (Read 2664 times)

jacklam999

richmond bc
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »

I have tried many place tried to target chum or coho in richmond bc area such as north arm, south arm and gary point park with no sucess (mainly using lures). Just want to know if anyone have success with catching them in richmond bc area, thank you

Alomar

Re: richmond bc
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

Don't feel bad I've tried the past couple years in oct. in the Richmond delta area and have had no luck, not even a sniff

fishfulangler

• Reel that sucker in!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

if using lures, tie a 1/4 or 3/8 oz spoon on your line (straight on it, no leader unless using braid), any color, just make sure it stands out. also here are some suggestions on where to fish: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/region_two/tidal_fraser_river.html

fishfulangler

• Reel that sucker in!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »

Try using bright colors, try gibbs crocs, their my favourites!

penguinabc123

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »

I have been having consistent luck in the Fraser using 45 or 35 kit a mat copper orange stripe. Also a pink spoon maybe size 3/8 has worked, but the kit a mat has been doing great. Try to match the lure to the clarity, brighter and flashier for murky water and not as bright when it is super clear.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »

Today the water was super clear (I actually couldn't believe how clear the water was - maybe 4 or 5 feet visibility) and I caught my fish on a super bright fluorescent orange spinner and gold body (which also works just as well in murkier water in dark conditions).  So, in my opinion, when fishing the mighty Tidal Fraser, don't worry about lures being to flashy and bright in clearer water - some days it doesn't matter!

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:33:23 PM »

Today the water was super clear (I actually couldn't believe how clear the water was - maybe 4 or 5 feet visibility) and I caught my fish on a super bright fluorescent orange spinner and gold body (which also works just as well in murkier water in dark conditions).  So, in my opinion, when fishing the mighty Tidal Fraser, don't worry about lures being to flashy and bright in clearer water - some days it doesn't matter!

What kind of fishing line did you use? Mono, braid, or braid with fluoro leader?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:35:34 PM by Long_Cast »

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »

Sufix 832 Ghost 20lb braid - first year I've tried this line and I don't have any desire to try any other line!

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »

Is it pretty invisible in clear water?

I use 40lb Sufix 832 camo colour and I can still see the line for today while fishing on the lower tidal Fraser.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »

In my experience the fish aren't scared of seeing the line on the tidal fraser - no matter how good visibility is.  Where I fish I always have fish surface within a few feet of where I'm standing (my wife always says we should bring a net and just scoop them - ha!). And you can cast a fair bit further with 20# test vs. the 40# in my opinion

jacklam999

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »

which part on richmond u guys fished at