Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishing south of the boarder  (Read 1430 times)

wyper

fishing south of the boarder
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »

Hey guys I am doing a mountain bike trip this up coming week to Bend Oregon, to Green river Utah, to Grand junction Colorado. I had thought it would be a great idea to bring my fly rod along! my question is have any of you ever fished in these parts, what systems would you take a little detour for, and or have any where that i could gather some information on these systems south of the boarder? any advise would be appreciated! Thanks!

jekern1015

Re: fishing south of the boarder
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »

I don't know the route you are traveling but the green river in Utah is an awesome fly fishery. Try the website www.bigfishtackle.com and visit the utah forum. There is alot of information on that site from anglers who post and they would be more than willing to share some hot spots with you. There are two boards you can visit on the Utah forum that will help you, Utah general and Utah fly fishing. Make sure when you   first go to bigfishtackle that you go to state forums and click on the link for Utah. You can also try the www.kokaneefishingforum.com and get some more info for states like Washington And Oregon. Good Luck and have a great time and if you happen to pass by Salt Lake City let me know and I will see if I can take you to some local hotspots or just stop in for a bite to eat and a beer and we can swap fish stories.

joshhowat

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »

Ahhh bend is on the deschutes enough said.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:16:50 AM »

You won't want to leave Bend lol.

Falls and Deschutes rivers are my fav's down there... among many others I'd like to try (awesome little fly shop in bend will give you retails, forget the name (Patient Angler maybe?) but it's right down town on the left side of the hwy going through bend).

Craine Prarie Resevoir, Hosmer Lake are my other favs. Hosmer has Atlantics that get to be around 26 inches... and BIG brookies. Craine Prarie has big everthing but low fish number days.

Email me if you want more info. Don't have a tonne of fishing experience down there but put in about 10 full days the last few years, and I caught more than my fair share of fish.

Cheers,
Dan