Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Norwegian Virus In Supermarket Farm Salmon  (Read 23728 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: New Norwegian Virus In Supermarket Farm Salmon
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/alexandra_morton/2012/04/new-norwegian-virus-in-supermarket-farm-salmon.html#comments

Hard to say what is worse.....  virus infected salmon that bypasses the Canadian food inspection system or Canadian food inspection agency approved hormone and antibiotic filled, dyed salmon.  It's a case of pick your poison.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »

Shes starting to really look the moron now.....how can you run tests on fish with no organs, after all arent they gutted before they are put up for sale?? Besides who buys fresh fish from super store anyways..lol.

Suprised Chris didnt post the story from the CBC http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/14/bc-salmon-virus-morton.html...Bit of a different story here... ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:40:49 AM »

Shes starting to really look the moron now.....how can you run tests on fish with no organs, after all arent they gutted before they are put up for sale?? Besides who buys fresh fish from super store anyways..lol.

Ad hominem and appeal to ridicule fallacies sandwiching a possibly valid claim.  If you really believed the latter, why do you need the former?

Suprised Chris didnt post the story from the CBC http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/14/bc-salmon-virus-morton.html...Bit of a different story here... ;D

What was the farmers response? 

"I think that it is probably quite unscientific..." ...again, hardly coming out swinging.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:51:20 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »

Gotta say I have never seen a fish in such poor condition for sale, anywhere, especially a big name outlet like the Real Canadian Superstore.
Can you say unbelievable?

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

Gotta love it......................Alexandra Morton suits up and sets out on another sampling expedition in the wilds of British Columbia... :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »

Gotta love it......................Alexandra Morton suits up and sets out on another sampling expedition in the wilds of British Columbia... :D

Good thing someone is doing it.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

Sorry Chris, I think it was a poor choice of photo to illustrate her point.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »

Sorry Chris, I think it was a poor choice of photo to illustrate her point.
No matter what she does there is some people that will find fault and criticize but when you believe in what you are doing it just rolls off your back.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »

Just asking here ... has anybody reading this ever seen such skanky fish for sale in a big name store?  I live in Chilliwack and since AM began this crusade I have been closely watching the Atlantics, and other fish species for sale in stores that sell fish.
I have never seen such poor quality fish for sale and if they were there I would have reported it to the manager.
For this to have legs she should tell us the address of these stores; why doesn't she?  What store manager would attempt to sell salmon with what appear to have lesions near the anal fin?
I have seen better fish sold from a pickup near Yale, in August, in the sun.

Dave, not buying it just yet

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »

Dave, not buying it just yet

Now if we could convince more folks to stop buying that crap, we could put the feedlots out of business.   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »

I always look at the farm salmon for sale in stores.  I have never seen anything that looks like that.  Never.  Not even close.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »

weak :D
Hope the Canucks respond better tonight than that post.  To be plain, has anyone ever seen fish like what Ms. Morton buys regularly in big name stores?  If so, where.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

Sorry aquapaloosa, I should have quoted af ;)