Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 578509 times)

robj

Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »

Hello,

My name is Rob J.  Don't like my last name bouncing around the net

Have been fishing for about 30 years.  Used to call myself a fishing junkey, but not anymore.  Kind of lost the bug, tired of all the hassle and crowds and fishing idiots, the kind you used to see at the Meat Hole on the Vedder.  Still like to get out just not as frequently.  Actually going to the Vedder tommorrow, see what happens.  My favorite is fishing from a boat, mostly rivers.  No crowds and much more relaxing.  I have a 14' Livingston with a 40 hp outboard.  Just don't know all the places where to fish from, kind of out of the loop.   If anyone has any suggestions, please send me a note.  Any input is apppreciated.  Not working this week so looking to do a little fishing.  Was thinking of Pitt Lake?

Thanx and have a great day,

Rob.

brookiedave

« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »

Ok, I'm from Vancouver and have been chasing steelhead with the fly as much as possible and catching the odd rainbow in lakes around Van.  I really only got into it, at Squamish, over the last winter.  I also enjoy the odd dolly/bullie.  Originally from Ontario so I now have way to many baitcasters and not enough fly rods, but I have been working on that.  Hope to see all you guys and gals on the water.

Favorite food:  fly fishing
Favorite movie/book:  anything fly
Pets:  all my fly gear

Brookiedave

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #497 on: October 15, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »

I'm a 5'11" guy who wears camo while fishing
Positives about camo wear
-Fish can not see you
-if a bear showed up, it would rather attack someone else
-more likely to catch a fish
-others dont see you coming
-it just looks damn good

see you all on the river  ;D
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

tyee35

« Reply #498 on: October 15, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »

lived in squamish for the past 3 years so trying to learn as much about the rivers as possible. Have had some success on the mamquam and squamish. Before that it was vedder and fraser. We need a fishing store up here!
look forward to sharing info..
E

GFL108-12

« Reply #499 on: October 18, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »

Name; Brad
Locatiion; Pitt Meadows
Occupation; Assistant Fire Chief
Food; Italian
Fish I love to hunt; Stealhead
River I love; Thompson
Learning to fly fish ::)

WildRod

« Reply #500 on: October 21, 2008, 01:49:55 AM »

Name:  Clint
Residence:  Langley
Favorite Fish: Coho
Favorite River: Chehalis / Vedder
Permanent Canucks fan – No Bandwagons Needed

I’m fairly new to fishing.  Just trying to learn and enjoy more time on the rivers.

FishingBeautifulBC

« Reply #501 on: October 22, 2008, 11:10:06 PM »

Name:      Julio
City:         Surrey
Work:       Owner/operator of a landscaping company
Fav. River:  Vedder

I have always loved fishing my whole life, but recently have become addicted to it after catching my first Salmon this past summer (28lb red spring) and Sturgeon (4.5 ft) on a Jet boat trip on the Fraser River.  Since that trip I have now been going fishing at least once or twice a week.  Most recently I have been drift fishing for Salmon(short float technique) on local rivers, or fly fishing  for trout on my belly boat on local lakes.

Ethan

« Reply #502 on: October 25, 2008, 12:13:28 AM »

Hey, my name is Ethan. i am 15 yrs. old and the two things i like to do are fishing and fishing some more :) .  i do alot of fishing in the fraser valley and maple ridge areas. i also do alot of freshwater and saltwater fishing in the victoria/sooke areas.  i have been fishing since i was 5, and i enjoy it even more than ever now. my friend told me about this site and i figured it would be good to find out more about fishing the areas that i am not experienced in. looking foreward to hearing about some fishing tales and adventures, fictional or not.  ;D :D
if your hands arent sore and your arms arent tired you havent been fishing long enough :p

Shiller

« Reply #503 on: October 25, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »

Name:  Dean
Residence: North Vancouver, as on last month - originally a prairie boy
Marital Status: Married, newbie
Favorite food: Fish
Favorite fish species: Rainbow Trout
Favorite fish species for fishing: Rainbow Trout, but quickly becoming Salmon
Favorite river: So far only fished capilano
Other misc. info: I know nothing about river fishing, but have quickly picked up a liking of it given the amazing surroundings out here. I am hoping to learn a thing or two about fishing salmon in the very near future. so far trying to get in the head of a salmon swimming up a creek with no water has been challenging enough!

edward1

« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »

Hi to all members,     Iam from Vernon, b.c.   I love to fly tye and fish. Favorite fish is Brooke Trout and Walleye and then salmon. Iam 62 and on disability penshion due to heart so must be carefull around water. Fish now mostly in Thomson and Okanogan area.also repair old abu reels. Hope to comunicate with some of you members.    Ed. 

BooBooBear

« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »

Greetings all, BooBooBear here.  Been fishing the rivers for a few years now but want to get into the fly fishing scene.  Was going to look for a 9 weight setup for the Vedder, Harrison and Stave... Looking for good advice from all the experts on the forum.  Located in the Lower Mainland.

Strongly believe in good fishing practices and willing to volunteer with the seymour salmon programs as they announce events or when Rodney posts these events in advance...  Both myself and my daughter are interested.

Erickson

« Reply #506 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »

Hi, My name is Neil Erickson and I heard about this Website from Barry's Bait and Tackle. I would like to become a member as fishing is my greatest hobby. I like to fish the Vedder and when I can get there  the Stamp for Steelhead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:22:35 AM by Erickson »

bmynbr

« Reply #507 on: November 03, 2008, 07:38:25 PM »

Hey, my name is Dave, I am married with one boy, and another coming in December.  I have just started fishing this year.  So far the vedder, and as of today chehalis are the two rivers I have fished.  I live in the city of dreams, Surrey..LOL..  I am a automotive bodyman, and can't think of much else.

janders

« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Hello everyone my Name is Jordan and im I am just getting into fly fishing this year. So far it has me addicted  :)

melissafish

« Reply #509 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »

Name: Melissa
Stats: Married with one baby boy
Fav Fish spot: Any Lake
Fav Lure: Black Leach
I have been fishing since I can remember - my dad is the ultimate pro. He knows it all. I started fly fishing since I was 16 when I got my first fly rod, and have been hooked ever since.