Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: who's happy, FWR is back?  (Read 16588 times)

Bhinky

Re: who's happy, FWR is back?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

Great to see it back! Thanks Rod!

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »

You mean the forum was temporarily unavailable?

I didn't notice anything. Worked fined for me.
The only quirk was that I had to log in every time I wanted to read it.  ;D

:P

Good to see some of you guys back! :)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »

The limit of 50 is not completely fair.    I have been a contributor for some time but I have tried to limit my input to substantial comments or information.   Result: only 40 posts so I cannot see the fishing reports.    Sooo, I will be making lotsa extraneous comments.   This makes 41.

The purpose of the 50 post limit is to reduce the amount of people that can view the reports section and encourage sharing of information. A large amount of the problems that arise from the reports section are due to people "Hot-Spotting" or giving away "Secret" spots. By limiting the amount of people that view the forum you can basically take the complaint of people saying "Yah you caught fish today but there will be 100 people there tomorrow" away. There are currently only 370 Members with 50 or more posts, and some of them probably don't log on anymore.

If you are under the 50 post limit don't spam post to get your count up; make them meaningful posts. I'm already noticing a lot of spam posts, which will probably all end up getting delete.

bluesteele

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »

Glad to see things back on track  ;D

ja

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »

Yup, am also happy to see the forum back online.

DeeAngler

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »

Hi All ...

Yes, good to see the forums back up. Missed browsing the B&S for gear. I picked up a nice rod and reel off a member last fall.

50 posts?  :( .... for us closet type beginners, who'd rather read and learn, as opposed to posting endless questions (kinda like that youngster who asks everything  ;D) ... looks like this newbie will have to ask all. :-[

I understand I can become a subscriber :-\ ... as The Journal are great reads, but one does have to live within a bugdet and license renewal is upon us. :(

Sooo ... my 1st question. Where does a newbie report their reports?

Roughingminor

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »

I'm very excited to have a forum where I feel that I can post reports without them resulting in a battle.  Good work Rod.   

Sea Nymph

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »

Definately the best fishing site that I have visitied.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »

Glad to see it up and running again. :) Hopefully things will be as positive and constructive as Rod hopes.
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »

I checked the website several times a day hoping that it would be back up, then I started to lose hope, and then it was back up, I am very happy now. I really missed the emphasis on the Vedder river with conditions and reports.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »

I'm very excited to have a forum where I feel that I can post reports without them resulting in a battle.  Good work Rod.   

Good question. Post it under General Discussion and let the mods move it to the fishing section. Got to give the mods something to do. ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »

Rods subscription prices are very fair. Its not even $2/month. I will gladly pay everytime my renewal comes up. The money is not all for himself, he donates $5 from each subscription to Fish for the Future. He does an amazing job on the site and an even more amazing job with all the things he does outside of the site for fishing. The economy is affecting me as well but $20? Just dont drive as much for two weeks and there its paid for.....Thats about 1/5th of a tank of gas for me. Its  drop in the bucket for all he does.

Just remember their are so many other features on this site. The amazing tips and techniques is almost endless. All with video clips. If your new to fishing getting a subscription here will help you become a better angler and make the learning curve that much shorter. Rod is also a very nice individual who is easy to talk to.

Anyways thats my 2 cents....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mattyo

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

Long time coming!! ;D. Makes me think, if the mods were to give up because of all the negativity,  the fishing community would suffer the loss of a great resource.I wonder why my post count has been lowered. Before the site shut down I could view fishing reports??????
Tight lines and thanks to the mods for the work they put in to this site
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:10:26 PM by mattyo »

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

Way to go Rod
so glad to see this back up and running
Kudos to all involved

Lawsch

• Do or do not, there is no try..
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »

Definately appreciate even the limited access as it helps me learn about things i never new.  The most valuable lesson one can learn is on the river/lake anyway so only time can really teach you.