Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a good flow for...  (Read 3109 times)

Reservoir Dog

Looking for a good flow for...
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:43:40 AM »

Looking for a good flow for trout.
Been on the Fraser, but I'd like something that is out of the city, the less noise the better. Anywhere in the LML.

I aint obsessed with Chrome like the rest of ya, would be much happier catchin Trout anyway :)

cheers

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Re: Looking for a good flow for...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »

You can try Sturgeon Slough in Pitt Meadows. There are three species of trout. The last time I pulled a 4 lb crap (large mouth) by using a spoon. Sturgeon Slough is right behind the Alouette River's bridge in north of Dwedney Trunk.

Aloette River is also a good spot. You can also catch Steelies there but it's just catch and release (as far as I know).

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »

You can try Sturgeon Slough in Pitt Meadows. There are three species of trout. The last time I pulled a 4 lb crap (large mouth) by using a spoon. Sturgeon Slough is right behind the Alouette River's bridge in north of Dwedney Trunk.

Aloette River is also a good spot. You can also catch Steelies there but it's just catch and release (as far as I know).

a 4 lb crap???? JEEZ!

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 01:23:25 PM »

you gotta love 4lb largemouth crap!  New species?    Any pictures?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 04:44:21 PM »

I have fished the Sturgeon Slough many times. Never ever have I seen anyone catch a trout out of there. Seen catfish,bullheads,crappie,carp and bass but never a trout. So you say three species of trout? Which three are they?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Grub

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:31:02 PM »

you pulled a 4lb large mouth crap out with a spoon .....hahahaha ...ha hhaaaaaa ......wow   
not cool enough for a banner

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 01:11:39 AM »

Retention of hatchery steelhead is allowed on the Alouette River, but most seasoned anglers would recommend not to as its stock is small. If hatchery steelhead is required to be released in a particular system, it would be mentioned in the system's regulations, eg. Capilano River. This PDF file of the Region 2 freshwater regulations is handy if anyone needs to check the regulations. It is also a good guide that can be used to explore new systems for both trout and steelhead.

Stream trout fishing in the Lower Mainland is spotty but available throughout the year. Most tributaries of the Fraser and Pitt Rivers have populations of cutthroat and rainbow trout. They are migratory, especially in systems that are tidal influenced. Due to this factor, there aren't "good" flows for this fishery. If there is, you are unlikely to hear to from those who target them regularly. Your best bet is to head out and try out a few streams, look for signs of fish, and make a few casts. Not seeing any trout at a particular system repeatedly does not indicate that the system will not produce.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/2005/1205_02.html

you gotta love 4lb largemouth crap!  New species? Any pictures?

Didn't we pull out a 4lb crap a couple of years ago while you watched in Ladner? ;)