Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eidsvik and Crey  (Read 2780 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Eidsvik and Crey
« on: December 06, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »

For those interested. Phil Eidsvik from the BC Fisheries Survival Coalition who is the Conservative candidate in the upcoming Federal election for Newton - North Delta is on CKNW tomorrow at 9 am with Peter Warren. I am told Ernie Crey from the Stolo nation is also slated to be on the show.

I am sure fishing will be the main topic. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Eidsvik and Crey
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 09:07:30 PM »

Those two in the same room together should be interesting.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:16:06 PM »

Those two in the same room together should be interesting.
Like a Leaf and Canuck fan? ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 09:30:32 PM »

Something like that  ;D Will Crey be on the side of the Canucks or the Make Me Laughs ?

dnibbles

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:30:43 PM »

Keep in mind that Eidsvik represents the interests of commercial fishermen, which likely does not represent the same values as many on this forum (or at least myself). He is opposed to the Aboriginal only commercial openings that have been occuring the past few years, so this is likely what the discussion will focus around.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 10:10:11 PM »

Keep in mind that Eidsvik represents the interests of commercial fishermen, which likely does not represent the same values as many on this forum (or at least myself). He is opposed to the Aboriginal only commercial openings that have been occuring the past few years, so this is likely what the discussion will focus around.
You may be right but, and I never thought I would state this but unless we all work together on this, our two sectors are down the tube.

I am not 100% sure if I am right on this but it is the feeling I have at this time. When I saw how Cheam tried to sneak through that injuction in Victoria this Summer to try and prevent sportsfishing on some of the Fraser River bars the Coalition was there with their lawyer to back us up.

If it was not for the work as well of Phil, Frank and Tony they would have succeded in the injuction and it would have been the thin edge of the wedge in my mind.

A tough call but that is how I see it. I am sure several comments will follow which will be good.

I have worked with Phil the last couple of years on some issues and I have found him to be an excellent guy and certainly would not mind seeing him in Ottawa.

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 11:25:25 AM »

You may be right but, and I never thought I would state this but unless we all work together on this, our two sectors are down the tube.

I am not 100% sure if I am right on this but it is the feeling I have at this time. When I saw how Cheam tried to sneak through that injuction in Victoria this Summer to try and prevent sportsfishing on some of the Fraser River bars the Coalition was there with their lawyer to back us up.

That is correct, and if it had not been for the Coalition then the court case would have been lost.
There were a number of bands lined up to also use this case for their own benefit.
It would have not only effected fish but wildlife as well.

If it was not for the work as well of Phil, Frank and Tony they would have succeded in the injuction and it would have been the thin edge of the wedge in my mind.

A tough call but that is how I see it. I am sure several comments will follow which will be good.

I have worked with Phil the last couple of years on some issues and I have found him to be an excellent guy and certainly would not mind seeing him in Ottawa.

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 07:30:30 PM »

I listened to the broadcast and frankly wished I hadn't as my blood pressure (already diagnosed as high) was raised significanatly. I parked the truck and tried to get on the program but couldn't get through. Mr. Crey from the Cheam Band is, in my opinion, a "stranger to the truth." I was impressed by Eidsvik and his manner and also his tenacity. Too bad Mr. Crey didn't answer the questions posed by Eidsvik unless you count the double-speak as answers. 

If I can find the time, I will be calling Mr. Eidsvik and volunteering to work on his campaign. He needs to be elected.
"One man of courage makes a majority"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »

Mr. Crey from the Cheam Band is, in my opinion, a "stranger to the truth."

That's very diplomatic of you Terry. I would have called him something else.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:37:03 PM »

If anyone wants to go through the pain of hearing it you will be able to get it from the CKNW audio vault.