Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Solid game!!!  (Read 5270 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Another Solid game!!!
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:18:19 PM »

Well, I've got to say, Clouts looked pretty darn good again tonight!!!!  Also a very nice solid third!!!!  They did get robbed of one goal as well!!!!  Which cost me points in my draft at work!!!  Wasn't very happy about that at all!!  But the nucks won, to keep ahead of the flames, so it's all good I guess!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Another Solid game!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 07:25:37 AM »

Clouts is the man I dont know why anyone would doubt that. Just look at his credentials. I think it was on Sportsnet or TSN but they listed the top 5 goaltenders in the league that were the best goalies for the money they were making. They put Cloutier at #4 on that list.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

phatwop

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:58:47 AM »

Clouts is the man I dont know why anyone would doubt that. Just look at his credentials. I think it was on Sportsnet or TSN but they listed the top 5 goaltenders in the league that were the best goalies for the money they were making. They put Cloutier at #4 on that list.

until he wins either a vezina, a jennings, hart, etc...he's no better than cujo or anyone else.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:20:35 AM »

until he wins either a vezina, a jennings, hart, etc...he's no better than cujo or anyone else.

Thats a pretty bold statement. He's not making the money of a top 5 goaltender in the league so how can you say that? Their are not allot of goaltenders that have won the Hart Trophy. Curtis Joseph in his prime was an awesome goaltender and now he is up their in age so why compare him to someone like him. I sure would take Cloutier over Belfour thats for sure. I think the best goaltender in the league is Roberto Luongo but he makes allot more than Cloutier. With salary cap restraints the Canucks just can't go out and spend 5million on a goaltender so they are getting a bargain with Cloutier. I think the Canucks have the best goaltender tandem in hockey. Not the best #1 but best tandem.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »

There Eddie we agree, I also think that we have near the best tandom in hockey.  I would also put Minnisota's tandem in there as well.  Roloson and Fernandez are both top notch goalies!!!!  I also agree that Clouts is not the best number 1 in the league!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!