- 10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Coho  (Read 3741 times)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Coho
« on: November 08, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

Well were are they want to hear some logical explanations ;D in my mind there still to come ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Coho
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 07:38:56 PM »

Its a mystery..... Going to do a mighty hunt on 3 different systems on Friday.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 03:56:14 PM »

haha nice nice,

Hello

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 05:59:21 PM »

Supposedly 460,000 some odd coho were caught this year by commercial fisherman off the coast of Vancouver Island throughout the summer.  The normal yearly catch of coho is in the 30-40 thousand fish range.  I hate to be pesimistic but I do not think they are coming.  I have had some decent days fishing for coho this year but it has definately been the worst year for Coho I have seen on the Vedder since I started fishing it 15 years ago.  I live less than two minutes walk from the river so needless to say I get out quite a bit. :'( :'( :'(

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

hey pinhead i know where you fish  ;D ;D

keep that spot secert :-X :-X

I think saw you down there the other day ;)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 08:40:46 PM »

Well....Last time I checked the seafood counter at Safeway, they had wild coho on special at 1.69 / 100 grams which is a decent deal in terms of fresh salmon.  Even the farmed stuff was more expensive.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 08:58:35 PM »

Pin head, I dont know about you but hooking 3 coho in a trip isnt what I would call a good day unless you are using this year (being a poor year) as a reference point.

When the coho are in on my favourite systems, I have fished a pool that produced limits for 4 anglers in the space of an hour or so.  Bug pumper and I rarely returned from this spot with less than 4 fish each...with a 2 kill day being my best so far this season the only thing I can say is this year sucks hard in comparrison to the last 4 seasons I have had.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 01:15:11 AM »

Supposedly 460,000 some odd coho were caught this year by commercial fisherman off the coast of Vancouver Island throughout the summer. :'( :'( :'(

Sure would like to see some sources on that "supposedly" ;)

WCVI was limited to clip jobs ONLY, ECVI had less. And BTW, rather limited openings on both sides to boot. Just where are you inferring these fish were taken???

Wondering,
Nog

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 11:12:33 AM »

:'( :'(  this year is one of the worst thats for sure. but just getting out is better than sitting at home like i have too because of a serious back injury that prevents me form doing alot of fishing. but when i do get out i enjoy it even if i dont get any hos just being out on the river is a pleasure  in its self. ;D. hoping to get put this weekend for a few hrs and who knows maybe even get one of them hos that are not being so plentiful this year. good luck to all this weekend and dont forget to honor those who fought for us so we can enjoy the beauty of the rivers and this country we live in cheers tight lines and sharp hooks to all ;D :D 8)