Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing in Osoyos  (Read 2374 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Fishing in Osoyos
« on: November 06, 2005, 12:21:34 PM »

Hello everyone... I am headed next week to the Osoyos Region to do a little white tail hunting.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to fish up there and also what fish to target.... I dont need specific spots but if know of a good system i would love to know..

thanks
see ya on the river

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Fishing in Osoyos
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 04:30:33 PM »

sawmill lake

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »

yep...sawmill lake...if ya like slugs.....those fish "expect" to be caught....if u wanna head out mail me....is perfect timing for bows on the shoal here...;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 07:13:56 PM »

yup sawmill lake is all slugs. but i have a secrete pattern that works every time. ;D

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »

what do you mean by slugs... and whats yoru secret
crab cakes

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:09:28 PM »

my definition of a slug is a very "experienced" fish..by this I mean the fish have been caught so many times that they have lost the fear......a 5 lber in Sawmill fights like a 2lber in Madden/Ripley.....mind you...these fish do grow big....guess my point is...if you want a pic of a trophy fish....they r there....if you want a fight....other local lakes provide better scrappin' fish...just my thoughts....;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 06:47:39 PM »

yeah that is true. but there huge in there almost like steelhead or a salmon and a nice little lake as well.