Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Electric Bridge break in attempt  (Read 4767 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Electric Bridge break in attempt
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:35:36 PM »

I was at Electric Bridge for a brief period of time on Saturday.  My buddy was headed back to the truck when he saw a guy run to his truck and speed away.  The dude tried to break into someone's car while the owner was bent down on the other side of the car putting on his waders.  He caught him in the act.  To make a long story short, he got the license plate # and the cops came to follow up on it.  Let's hope the guy gets nailed.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Electric Bridge break in attempt
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:41:38 PM »

Are you talking about the north (Chilliwack) or south (Yarrow) side?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:05:58 PM »

North (Chilliwack) side.  Lots of people were around.  I could not believe how bold, or desperate this guy was. 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:43:29 PM »

On my last trip to the Vedder with my friends, we initially stopped at Browne Rd parking lot. There was only one truck with a Washington license plate, and the window was broken into with stuffs thrown around the car.  We left in a hurry & my driver friend wanted to park in an open location just to avoid a bad day.  What a pity these break-ins are allowed to go on without much policing. It sure hurts the reputation of Chilliwack as a safe place to visit. Where are the Chilliwack cops?  They can easily catch the guy with a set up to trap him down if they want to. If the thief(s) is not stopped, there will be less people willing to risk an expensive break-in to fish Chilliwack.Too bad!

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:49:57 PM »

something has to be done about this... I dont know what... Durring the sockeye opening i had my truck broken into... i am telling you this isnt cheap..i dont know what we can do to avoid this but its killing the sport.. i have friends that wont fish certain spots because ofthis
see ya on the river

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:58:49 PM »

On the Chilliwack side bentrod! :o Aren't the cars visible from where everyone was fishing? That's unbelievable... The Yarrow side gets quite a bit of break-ins. Browne Road where funfish visited is bad too. :(

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 11:03:36 PM »

anyone have an idea on how to stop this crap... i dont want answers like wait in the bush and club them because we know that may never happen....

i personally think of maybe writing the police.....

'' HEY YOU WHO BROKE INTO THE FORD TRUCK AT TAMAHI CREEK... YOU JUST STOLE A BAIT CAR"

any other ideas
see ya on the river

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 11:31:44 PM »

Yes, I am still amazed that the break in attempt occured there.  I can tell you that I feel like I am on borrowed time and have contemplated coming up every year.  The same goes for several other's who I know from Washington and Oregon.  Perhaps, tourism chambers or others could put some heat on the City/Province to patrol this a little more carefully.  If tourists no longer visit because they fear that all their gear is going to get ripped off, the economy might take a little hit. 

If nothing happens, someone could make some money shuttling people up and down the river.   

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 11:33:33 PM »

yah i would pay 5 bucks to park my car securely and having my car watched and then get a shuttle drive to and from....there is a business idea.. ;)
see ya on the river

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 12:44:10 PM »

i always leave the glovebox and ashtray open with nothing in it, and i use a club.  If they can see that nothing is inside, they wont break in.  Also if you have tint on your truck cab windows, consider taking it off so they can see that youve got nothing hidden there as well.  Prevention!

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »

Yeah, one time I was driving an unmarked police car (crown vic from an auction), and someone punched the lock.  Thats bold considering it still looked coppy.  :o

Bushwacker

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 01:37:24 PM »

anyone have an idea on how to stop this crap... i dont want answers like wait in the bush and club them because we know that may never happen....

'' HEY YOU WHO BROKE INTO THE FORD TRUCK AT TAMAHI CREEK... YOU JUST STOLE A BAIT CAR"

any other ideas

Hahaha ! Sorry, can't stop laughing... maybe I should help this guy do it.

Dear Pooleeseman,

I theenk you guys just stole your bait car. Please do your job and catch those krooks.

signed,

Alfred E. Newman  ;D ;D ;D

pontooner

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »

The best prevention is buy a beater,leave the door open(so no broken window),use club.Ha nothing to worry about. 8)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »

Yes, it's that season again...break-in season I mean. I've said this before but it needs to be said again...report any break ins or suspiciious activity. This is important even though you think the RCMP won't attend because at least it will end up in their stats. Jot the number down...604.792.4611...and keep it handy.

In defence of the RCMP, the Chilliwack district is one huge mother of an area to police. It is simply physically impossible to patrol all areas, particularly the ones we are talking about. We need to get involved ourselves by being vigilant and by reporting.
"One man of courage makes a majority"

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 09:15:38 PM »

any other ideas

Hahaha ! Sorry, can't stop laughing... maybe I should help this guy do it.

Dear Pooleeseman,

I theenk you guys just stole your bait car. Please do your job and catch those krooks.

signed,

Alfred E. Newman  ;D ;D ;D

Must have alot of time on your hands to proof read forum posts...  Get a life :P :P :P
see ya on the river