Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boat On Vedder?  (Read 4592 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Boat On Vedder?
« on: October 14, 2005, 07:32:11 PM »

Just curious if anyone else saw the boat that came up the vedder river, about 500 meters up from the vedder crossing and then come back down the river.
The Bigger The Better!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Boat On Vedder?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »

Are you sure fishfreak, I always understood that there were no motorized boats allowed above the highway bridge!!!!  I could be wrong though, don't think that I am, but could be wrong.   Besides that is just totally unethical anyways is it not!!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 09:30:04 PM »

Yep, saw the boat today. Some of his moves were very dangerous IMO. He sped downstream and at one point passed a old angler who was unaware of the boat without slowing down, well within casting distance.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »

We have debated this a time or two but not like the ----- debate. ;D

It happens a few times every year and there has been two serious mishaps in the last year or so. One was a boat running up on the rip rap at Vedder Crossing trying to miss some jet skis. The other was when another boat ran up on a gravel bar across from Lickman Road.

Lucky a person has not been hit with so many anglers out on the river these days. Imagine a boat coming around a corner and there is a person standing there fishing. :(
It is not legal but there is some talk about that it may be one day.

I was writing this as Rodney and fisherforever posted. They gave examples of what I stated in this post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 10:56:03 PM by chris gadsden »

Barney

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

I was there downstream of Rod and saw him coming up River and again downstream.  I think he took most everyone by surprise because I did not hear any cursing or fist waving.  I'm sure that it was thought of but we were fishing.   The wake must have been a little tough on some of the waders.  Any idea as to just how far up he made it, hopefully this will not be a regular occurrence.

TtotheE

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 02:14:17 PM »

10hp and up you need to register the boat.  I don't think they make jets less than 10.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 02:28:31 PM »

He only made it up 500Meters from the Vedder Crossing, going up the left split off and then turned around. Was he just out for some fun or was he fishing?
The Bigger The Better!