Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fall Spring run  (Read 30104 times)

scales

• I'm a llama!
Fall Spring run
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:25:34 PM »

The Fall Springs run in the Fraser is huge!  Best part of all this is that very few are informed.  Fine by me but it would not be fair that I'm am enjoying all this with my friends.... 8)  Btw mostly Reds running through the last couple of days.  Get out before the runs pass through, 2 week window left.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Fall Spring run
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:29:09 PM »

so, no kidding it is reds.

Huge? based on what? seat of the pants feel? the stars? so you're going to blab it on FWR with no details for others? lol !:)
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:37:26 PM »

Spend some time at the river and you will find out how good it reallly is.  Btw check out the Albion Chinook Test results so far for 2005 in comparison to 2004, 2003 & 2002.  Numbers speak out!  So does my arm! :o 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 12:39:10 AM »

Scales called me earlier that there were only 8 guys on the bar he was fishing today & they all limited out on springs.  He went after work in the afternoon and had one on in short time.  That is hot fishing for springs. It must be pretty strong run still, as they are reporting hooking into springs in Richmond area while casting spoons for pinks (see other thread today).

FM, do not get fooled by his newbie status & doubt the legitimacy of Scales' report. Scales has got to be a spring master by those who have fished along side him all these years. Always got into springs when others failed. His report is on real fishing. He knows the spring run is huge this year by the sheer number of hookups by him & others around him, and he had done this for more than a decade.  Of course, we cannot expect him to name the bar, if that is the detail you want. Though a newbie on this site, he is no newbie on the flow.  Fished with him for the last 15 years & got outfished by the mile, especially on spring & coho. I think I still have an edge on him for steelhead, hehe! ;D

Good report Scales.  Besides hauling out garbage from the bar, this post shows your unselfish nature.  :)   Most people would have kept this hot fishing quiet. Who needs the crowd....  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:59:08 AM by funfish »

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »

If he has been fishing this run for a 10-15 years, his experience most likely predates the onset of flossing.

If these fish are caught on a bar rig, I would love to hear more (I, personally, am not interested in going out to floss a spring).

Could you please elaborate Scales.

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:56:03 AM »

Whether you floss or bar rig fish, the success should be the same with the amount of fish in the system. The method of choice is flossing for the Fraser.  Point is get out any enjoy this run.  Not here to talk about flossing  ::) 

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:39:50 AM »

;D good point scales ;D

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 10:17:14 AM »

Ok, then if this year is a smoking year then, we'll have 500 boats out off the mouth of the Fraser this weekend then--and we'll all be hooking into multiples. I know I'll be there.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 12:06:49 PM »

Whether you floss or bar rig fish, the success should be the same with the amount of fish in the system. The method of choice is flossing for the Fraser.  Point is get out any enjoy this run.  Not here to talk about flossing  ::) 

If you think you can catch as many barfishing than why dont you barfish for them instead of snagging them? Wouldnt you feel better about yourself if you actually caught a spring when it bit your presentation instead of snagging it?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Double Underhooks

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »

I think scales was just being generous to share his discovery and does not want this to turn into a another flossing debate.
Lets just leave it at that  :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:21:07 PM »

I think scales was just being generous to share his discovery and does not want this to turn into a another flossing debate.
Lets just leave it at that  :)

Than he shouldn't have mentioned how he was fishing. Its not brain science to look at test nets, I look at them all the time. Also when you make a post about being able to catch just as many barfishing as snagging them than I want to know why you would choose snagging. I don't want this to be a heated debate I just want to know how one person would rather snag a fish than catch it legitimately if the success rate would be the same.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »

hey scales, weren't you a previous member under a different web name? ??? :)

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

Eddie, why don't you keep your b/s comment about flossing/lining on the Fraser out of this site?  You can do that on the SCR site & be happy there.  There are lots of BBers on this site who fish a legal method as allowed by DFO, and each is entitled to his/her method of choice.  It is none of your business that others enjoy to catch fish with a legal method that you don't like.  It is with this intolerance that PETA spreads its gospel about animal welfare - and your fishing method, whatever ethical approach you think it is, is just non-sense to them. Ethics is a personal thing, and let us respect that.

Rod already posted earler in another thread that we leave this ethics debate about legal fishing method aside.  I don't think you should hijack this thread to turn into another ethics debate.  It is people like you who just come over this site to harrass posters who just think & fish differently than yours, and you & Bantam just turn off lots of newbie posters by harrassing them.  If this is the pattern you pursue, then I think the mods should censor their posts or ban them from harrassing BBers on the ethics issue.

Once again, I see the same as to what happened to Rod & Chris's great post in FishBC turning sour by anti-flossing people, and it is happening here to an unselfish report by Scales.  Scales, you should have stayed off fishing sites and enjoy your successful fishing in peace.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 02:20:45 PM by liketofish »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 02:47:59 PM »

Liketofish, you have a total of 15 posts and I have oh 400. I don't come on here to purposely debate anything. I also help those that want to be helped. I have 28 years of experience fishing BC and like to share any information I may have that can help. I also gave reasoning to why I asked and I am not going to repeat it as you can read it in a post on this thread. I don't debate all flossing posts just ones where it is justified. The sockeye fishery is over and the DFO is asking anglers to use selective angling methods once again. That means they would prefer you not to bottom bounce. I don't debate the sockeye fishery anymore as I have given it up and just come to the conclusion that people that do it treat it as a meat fishery and not a sport fishery. Now that the sockeye is closed it is now back to a sport fishery and flossing is not necessary. Why don't you relax and get a few posts under your belt before coming at me like that.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »

Whether a person has 15 or 400 posts is irrelevant to the discussion. His opinion is just as relevant as yours. My .02