Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pinks Aug 31  (Read 3541 times)

Roots

Re: Pinks Aug 31
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 11:26:02 PM »

Yup. I hit Richmond tonight as well until around 8:30pm. Lots of jumping, lots of seals snacking as well, but no luck for me either, except a huge bullhead that took a fancy to my spoon. Well, I guess we just have to wait a little bit more  :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 11:47:29 PM »

Part two of today's report

I guess the victors are too shy to post their success, so I am going to report it for them now. :P :)

So Perch phoned me today just before my youth fishing camp ended, saying he was at No. 3 Road pier and only saw some rises. Hungry, I decided to head straight home to eat a light lunch before heading out. I went to another spot to meet up with fishersak, who was fishing all alone. :'( He reported that he had not gotten any bites, the water was calm with no surface action at all. I sat and relaxed while watching him casting away.

Ten minutes later, I spotted a couple of risers, then I decided to get up from my comfortable rock and get ready. Perch and his dad soon arrived and joined in the fishing action.

LukeYVR also arrived soon after, it seemed like everyone thought the fishing was about to get hot. :P

Once everyone settled down, it was all fishersak's show.

He hooked into one beautiful chrome female pink. A few good runs, to the left, to the right, and I quickly scooped it up for him. This doe was about the same size as the bigger doe I caught yesterday. His second of the season, and bonked for more tempura that he praised so much about while we were fishing. :)

FishOn, Chrome Mykiss arrived moments later. Chrome Mykiss sat and watched us for a long period of time, as he thought it wasn't worth dipping the line in with so little surface action. ;) He later walked to another spot further downstream from us.

I then hooked into one fish, just several meters from my feet. The hook quickly popped out, and the spoon flew up over my head. ::)

Not long after, fishersak was into another fish! :o This time, Perch performed a flawless netting job, unless his previous nettings last weekend. :P ;)

Two for fishersak, none for us yet. FishOn was the next one to connect for a few seconds.

I moved further down to fish next to LukeYVR, to catch up on gossips. He had missed a few hits, rusty season opener. ;) All was well when he finally hooked into a little female pink around 7pm. I quickly netted for him and casted my spoon out again, hoping to entice the others in her school. ;)

The effort was not paid off. :-\

Fishersak decided that two were not enough, so he hooked one more. This fish quickly popped off, so fishersak ended up with two for dinner. :)

Despite a slow day for some, it was still quite enjoyable. :) We are still early in the season, the good fishing is just around the corner. ;D

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 12:09:12 AM »

I was spell checking then noticed, Rod's just posted a detailed report..  ::)

We'd stolen Rod's mojo or was it his invisible treble hooks.. ;D

Saw an angry Blue Heron chasing around an owl.
Heard what sounded like a bullfrog.

The pink I 've got was quite small, but had decent amount of roe. It's being pickled in a pro-cure now.

Small bull trout attacked my spoon close to the bank, but the hook popped out.

On the radio, I heard another train carrying sulphur derailed near Hope.
Whether chemicals got in to the Fraser or not, is not known yet.. Doh!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 12:14:06 AM »

Oops, sorry. :-[

I thought that bull frog sounded more like a cow... Awfully loud bull frog coming from the other side of the Fraser... :o

The crazy heron was probably the highlight of my outing. ::) ;)

You forgot to tell people what happened to you while you were cleaning your fish. ;D