Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cates park Aug. 4  (Read 1879 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
Cates park Aug. 4
« on: August 04, 2005, 08:36:52 PM »

Took the boat out from cates park this afternoon for some flounder and crab. Ended up with a nice limit of crab and a couple decent flounders, but I did somehow loose a trap while I was at the concession stand getting a burger, but it was time for new traps anyways. Saw a total of two pinks surface the whole afternoon we were out, headed to the mouth of the Seymour where there were around 12 people fishing from shore, nothing caught but I was told that there were a few seen jumping. Can hardly what till those pinks arrive, as I am the proud new owner of a 7wt flyrod now.

fishersak

• I'm a llama!
Re: Cates park Aug. 4
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 09:05:23 PM »

"lost" as in someone took it, or "lost" as in the current submerged your float?

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »

Well the tide was coming up, but i always tie between 15-20 feet of slack to be safe, so I doubt it submerged. The other trap 100 yards away was fine, and I was one gone about 20 minutes. There was another boat in the spot I was crabbing, I pulled up to see if he saw anyone take it and he told me he too had lost a trap but he said that a seal had taken his away, this I have never seen, have seen a seal break open a trap but never drag it away.

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:40:17 PM »

Were those crabs big?  I thought the commercial boys cleaned it all up there.  Thanks for the info

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 10:58:35 PM »

no jumbo crabs, it was a mixed limit as well, a few redrock.

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 10:07:48 PM »

Took the boat out again today and fished the mouth of the seymour from 7 till around 930, saw  a dozen or so pinks jump throughout the night but did not see any hooked.