Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Back on my feet.....kinda  (Read 1648 times)

Piscatoral Pete

Back on my feet.....kinda
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:15:19 PM »

Okay....I met with the surgeon today. Yesterday was 6 weeks since the patellar tendon surgery. Doc says all is good except for the amount of scar tissue around the repair. Gonna be real painful in physio rippin through that to regain my range of motion. Right now I only have 0-45 degrees. Doc actually recommended poppin my pain killers right before pysio. 

I am "walking" with the knee brace locked in extension which brings me to the reason for posting. I AM GOING NUTS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OUT TO FISH. I am looking for some spots on the Lower Fraser that I can hobble to so this jerk can feel another jerk on the other end of the line. I don't care what I catch or how many.

I have only ever once tossed a spoon into the Lower Fraser along River Road in Richmond. I am prolly gonna take a drive out there on Sat. to scout things a bit.....can't do much scrambling over rocks and such with the knee in the brace. I was hoping to find a spot where I could use my "Sockeye" rod and reel to toss out a bar rig but I am not a big fan of a chucking a tonne of weight. I would rather stick to 2-3 oz in slowish current so that if I do hook something I can fight the fish and not the cannonball at the end of my line. Bait....don't have any roe.....maybe try some shrimp or good ole dew worms....Anything else?

If the Fraser thing don't work out I am gonna go catch some bullheads at Ambleside. Desperate???.....that doesn't even start to describe me at this point... 

Any help would be more than appreciated. If you don't want to post here....just zip me an email. Anyone interested in meeting up sometime over the next couple weeks....drop me a line too.

Help a cripple out....I am going bonkers.

Cheers...

Pete