Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vandals At Work  (Read 3217 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Vandals At Work
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:32:36 PM »

Last weekend on the Vedder River just above the BC Hydro Bridge there was either a two day grad party or just a party of some youth. The RCMP were notified but not before some wanton damage took place, garbage, broken glass, toilet paper and what goes with it every where and the needless chopping down of some lovely trees. The broken glass is terrible and will most likely cut some ones feet while trying to swim in this area when summer eventually arrives. Also some animals will most likely suffer the same fate.

They know so little about camping and fire making as they cut down green trees that will not burn anyway. In doing their evil deeds they broke one of their axes and threw it in river.

Another fellow and I cleaaned up some of the mess but we did not get it all. As the RCMP did attend may carry this file on further after consulting our other CVRCC directors.

It is just terrible that people have such disregard for our environment. When gates go up and access denied do not ask why because it is action of these vandals that caused it.

Will send a couple of photo's for Rodney to post shortly.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Vandals At Work
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:43:15 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:55:09 PM »

Last weekend on the Vedder River just above the BC Hydro Bridge there was either a two day grad party or just a party of some youth. The RCMP were notified but not before some wanton damage took place. Garbage everyware, broken glass, toilet paper and what goes with it and the needless chopping down of some lovely trees. The broken glass is terrible and will most likely cut some ones feet while trying to swim in this area when summer eventually arrives. Some animals will most likely suffer the same fate.

They knew so little about camping and fire making they cut down green trees that will not burn anyway. In doing their evil deeds they broke one of their axes and threw it in river. I now have a nice axe head, just need to afix a handle.

Another fellow and I cleaaned up some of the mess but we did not get it all. As the RCMP did attend we may carry this file on further after consulting our other CVRCC directors. I have some video footage including some license plates numbers.

It is just terrible that people have such disregard for our environment. When gates go up and access denied to you anglers out there do not ask why because it is action of these vandals that caused it.

This is why the Chilliwack/Vedder River Cleanup Coalition was formed to try to combat this, to save and keep the raparian zone clean of such thoughtlessness actions of a few. We and all our wonderful volunteers that come out to give of their free time to try and make a difference.

Sometimes I think we are failing a fact that I hate to admit that I am feeling this way.

Will send a couple of photo's for Rodney to post shortly.
Must be tired after a 2 day fishing trip instead of editing the above, I quoted myself. ::) Too tired to correct, maybe Rodney will fix it up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 11:58:00 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 01:09:44 AM »

Disgusting.  >:(

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 06:26:01 AM »

Some friends and I just did a clean up at the boulder run and witnessed the same distruction. TWITS
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 08:32:40 AM »

Some friends and I just did a clean up at the boulder run and witnessed the same distruction. TWITS
Well done, keep up the good work.