Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alberni inlet  (Read 2507 times)

coho kid

• I'm a llama!
Alberni inlet
« on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:26 PM »

Does anyone have any reports from the inlet? Any socks arriving yet?  Any reports would be greatly appreciated.

johnny

Re: Alberni inlet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 03:12:54 PM »

Message Iron Noggin.. he's THE man on the area IMO.

:)
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »

I was there on Saturday for the Hook and Slice Derby.  Out of 17 boats in the derby, there was a grand total of zero sockeye caught.  Yes you heard it right.  In fact, none of the boats had anything on.  Some of the boats were guided by the best in the Port.  There were fish showing on the sounder but they were too shallow and not schooled up.  Too much rain lately has caused the socks to make a mad dash for the river.  Rather than slowing down and milling around, they travelled the top layer of water (presumebly where the fresh water layer was) and had no interest in biting.

You are better off travelling a bit farther down the inlet to at least the Vernon bay area.  Still plenty of feeder springs around and lots of bait in the sound.

coho kid

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »

Thanks for the report Doug...I think.  :'(  Hopefully things will improve in the very near future as I am scheduled to go over at the end of next week.

How long is the run to Vernon Bay?  What are guys using to catch the feeders? Chovies?