Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR - Penticton Poachers fined big cash  (Read 2638 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
NFR - Penticton Poachers fined big cash
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:51:50 AM »

http://www.cknw.com/news/news_xml.cfm?cat=1&rss=1&rem=10503&red=80110923aPBIny&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - A father and son from Penticton have been hit with stiff fines for poaching wildlife.
Todd Brice has pleaded guilty to illegally killing three mule deer, three moose and a bobcat in the hills above Summerland ... And has been fined more than 13-thousand-dollars.

His father - Terry - has been assessed two-thousand-dollars for illegal possession of a slain moose and a mule deer.

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
Re: NFR - Penticton Poachers fined big cash
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 11:37:07 AM »

;D
GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »

As far as I am concerned that is not enough!!! They got caught this time with that amount of animals....probably not the first time they have done it. What is the son going to do with 3 muke deer and 3 moose?? I have hunted for 30 plus years and if I get a moose it lasts my family of 4 for a year...was he stocking his freezer for 3 years or more....?? It didn't say on the radio this am if he is banned for life from hunting or owning firearms etc, that is what should be happening because if he has been doing this for awhile he has made bigger profits that that!! I get people all the time wanting to buy game meat off me and I refuse to sell any!!!

This is my rant for today ;)

blueback

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 10:53:13 PM »

I totally agree Moosefinder!!