Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beginners Course in Fishing the Lower Fraser...(no I'm not offering one)  (Read 3136 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go

It seems that the lower Fraser has a few fish in it, and it's about time I got in on the action, it's been a while since my last hook up.

A few questions I have are...

Where to go ? (no secret spots, unless you really want to share them) And can you give directions ?
Also, what gear are people generally using spoons ? (what type) Bar fishing ? (roe, spin n' glo, etc...)

Thanks to any and all that are able to respond, I'm heading out to Steveston wht the family tomorrow, and decided I may as well drop a line for a little while.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 05:19:39 PM by Spudcote »
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Just use roe or worms off bar rigs. In terms of where to go, there are no particular hotspots. You should be able to catch fish almost anywhere along the Fraser. Move if you encounter alot of snags or the fish aren't biting.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Spud, that place where we fished once together, is good for bull trout right now, especially right after a peak tide. Barfishing with roe would be the only option right now as water is so dirty.

That other place where you saw Vince and I fishing for chub one year can also be good, but it would probably be more people fishing on the weekend. There are also more sculpins in that area as well, so bait fishing can be frustrating.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go

Hey Rod, I just read your article about Bull Trout fishing in Spring. Then I remembered the place where we fished, the annoying thing is that I ahve no idea how to get back to there  ??? .

Anyone interested in hooking up for a little while tomorrow to do a little fishing ? I reckon I'll be there around 1 pm. I'm bringing a spinning rod, and a baitcaster, feel free to drop by and say hi, or drop a line, it's always more interesting fishing with someone else. I'm not sure how long I'l be there though, and not exactly sure where I'll be, I'll probably head to the place I fished with Rod, if you would be so kind as to remind me where that was...

Thanks.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

Spudcote

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Check the tide Spud:

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/van/2005-05-14

Don't go there around 1pm, you want to be there earlier (like 9 to 10am), the tide would be too low after 1pm. In that case it's probably better to fish at London's Landing as the place tends to be good during low tide (that rock wall just upstream from the pier would block off the passage, keeping any bull trout etc around the pier).

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go

Thanks for the advice, I just spoke wiht a buddy, and he's near the first location, so I may head out that way to see him. But we'll see. I'll try to get out there a little earlier.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

Spudcote