Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lamiglas dave vedder center pin rod  (Read 15079 times)

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
lamiglas dave vedder center pin rod
« on: May 06, 2005, 10:16:53 PM »

interested in purchasing a lamiglas dave vedder center pin rod,medium light .8-12 ib line rated.any comparison between stryker 2106 ,sage 2106 or g-loomis ???? seeing advice or information,...thanks

allwaysfishin

Re: lamiglas dave vedder center pin rod
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:43:40 PM »

the sage 2106 is sweet and the only 2106 I'd consider. However my top choice for the rods you listed is the G.Loomis STR 1363 GL3. One of THE SWEETEST centerpin rods I've ever fished.

BIG T

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 02:58:16 PM »

However my top choice for the rods you listed is the G.Loomis STR 1363 GL3. One of THE SWEETEST centerpin rods I've ever fished.
what is the line rated at,cause i am looking for a light action rod ,mainly for steelhead and coho at the vedder...i already had a medium action center pin rod for steelhead(line rated 10-17),but i think it is a bit heavy for the steelie,so what do you guy think,any more advice??????

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »

Agree that the 2106 is one sweet rod. Use it all the time for cohos and steelheads.

redside1

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 05:55:06 PM »

check out the warranty situation. I broke a Lamiglass once and it took the 13, yes 13 months to have Lamiglass repair it. I think any other company wouold be quicker.

BIG T

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 08:53:41 PM »

Thanks for all the input

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 09:55:18 PM »

Warranty was the first thing that came to my mind (sage is by far the best in the industry).  As well, I dont think the 2106 is that light a rod...My buddy has one and while its great for the coho, it managed some big stinky whites from the same run...are you sure a 2106 id rates 8-12??

I have built up 2 lami's, a 9 foot rated 8-12lb and a 10 foot rated 6-10lb, they are both very nice rods and the blanks were much cheaper than a sage...think of what your fishing stile is like and how much abuse this rod will take and decide if the warranty is that important.

Bug Pumper got a great St Croix, 11' (I think) rated 8-12, its a really nice rod too..PM him, I am sure he would eb happy to give feedback.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 10:07:02 PM by Gooey »

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 09:29:20 AM »

There is a sage 3113 LB on angling bc 9sorry rod)...you should check it out BigT

BIG T

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 10:20:59 AM »

thanks Gooey,i am going to check it out,at the same time ,i will go to northshore tackle and check out the difference on prices and quality.thanks again

allwaysfishin

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 01:15:21 PM »

the gl3 str1363 loomis is rated 6 to 12 and is 11ft 3 long

BIG T

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 08:24:55 PM »

today i went to highwater tackle and check out the lamiiglas certified pro version rod.found out they only use the single foot guide on the front section,but not the sage and g-loomis,why??any information on this matter,is it too weak for the front section????may be only for the medium light action rod(1/8 to 1/2 oz lure weeight and line rated 8-12lb) ???they prize it approx $350 with limited lifetime warranty

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 08:28:02 PM »

There should be no significant difference between single or double foots when it comes to strength. When my Stryker 2106 (rated 8 to 12) was being built. I requested double foot but was recommended with single foot, for cosmetic reasons, apparently it looks better, and it does! :)

BIG T

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 08:38:05 PM »

There should be no significant difference between single or double foots when it comes to strength. When my Stryker 2106 (rated 8 to 12) was being built. I requested double foot but was recommended with single foot, for cosmetic reasons, apparently it looks better, and it does! :)
hi rodney,ihow do you like you stryker 2106,is it set up for center pin????

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:45 PM »

What's the difference between the Stryker and Sage 2106 ?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 09:04:50 PM »

What's the difference between the Stryker and Sage 2106 ?

Price. ;D

I don't know, I can't comment on that without being biased since I've never really used a SAGE before.

Big T, I love my 2106. It's super light, set up for a baitcasting reel. You can also request to have one made for the centerpin. Since I started using it last fall, I've caught:

dozens of coho (a couple up to 16lb)
two steelhead
dozens of bull trout
spring jacks

It seems like a good all round medium size rods. It's really easy on the body as it is light like I said. Itosh can tell you how light exactly it is later on tonight. ;) The price is also right, if you are interested in one give Russ a call at 604-585-6958, mention Fishing with Rod and see what deals he can get you right now.