Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street justice?  (Read 8453 times)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
Re: Street justice?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 07:53:57 PM »

I find that those who drive big cars like to harass people who drive smaller cars. Do you ever see drivers of small hatchbacks/sedans harassing drivers of SUVs? It's usually the other way around.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 01:13:19 PM »

Sorry to hear about your brother, Rodney. I hope he's recovering well.
All I can say is that the bastard that attacked him will get some of his own medicine in due time. One day it will happen, he'll just charge the wrong guy.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 07:28:25 AM »

The driver who was cut off got out of the car and approached my brother's at the traffic lights, and proceeded to punched him in the face after exchanging a few words.

How did he get to your brother to physically even touch him - was his car window open/convertible car?

(sorry if this was answered).

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 08:57:04 AM »

I'v had it with bad drivers.  We all make mistakes, but some drivers are just bad.  I drive 50-60,000 km every year all over BC.  I have a note pad on my window and I record the licence # and desription of every A** H*** that is driving recklessly and I call 911 to report them.  I've been able to do this 4 times this year and it resulted in 2 warnings and 2 fines to the poor drivers.  One near Chase, one at 70 Mile House, one on Como Lake Ave. in Coquitlam and one on Friday on Hwy #1 in Abbotsford.  The guy in Abbotsford was crossing the shoulder and centre lines.  His driving appeared drunk at 9AM.   I've got a wife and 2 kids that I like to get home to at the end of my day.  I'd like to get home in one piece.  If I see someone driving recklessly, I call them in.  Everyone should do it.  Driving would be alot nicer if we did. 

p.s. The police never want you to follow the other car.  Just report the details.  They'll ask for you name and phone # and that's it. 

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 09:05:42 AM »

The matter of anger applies to more than driving in congested areas. I've personally witnessed this kind of rage on the dikes at the Vedder River. There are some people out there terribly angry about something. To put these inexcusable incidents in context, take the lowest digit on the "ragers" licence plate. That's his/her I.Q.
"One man of courage makes a majority"