Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best way to put wool in egg-loop  (Read 2580 times)

capman

Best way to put wool in egg-loop
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:17:52 AM »

I tend to put whole bunch of wools inside the egg-loop and then trim it until it becomes egg shape. Is that necessary or can I just put a small piece of wool the size of a finger nail inside the egg-loop?

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re: Best way to put wool in egg-loop
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 08:04:47 AM »

Some guy's use lots and others don't.  I prefer a double egg size when it's trimmed.  Colour will make a difference.  I use peach with a red centre (flatten out your peach wool and place a 1/4-1/2 thickness of red on top of your peach.  Roll it sushi style) when it's trimmed, it looks like an egg.  In muddy conditions, try things like black.  Black shows up better in muddy conditions.  Mix it up 'til you get it right.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

I usually try to make it into the shape of an egg (kinda roundish).  I also mix different colors as well, mixing peach with red or hot pink or light pink, bubble gum etc.  My go to colors seem to be a peach/hot pink or bubblegum with bc orange.  I tend to use less wool most of the time rather than more depending on river conditions.  A thicker piece of wool trimmed down to an egg shape will still have more drag than a piece of wool that is half that thickness trimmed to the same shape.  That usually translates into the wool riding slightly higher in the water than a thinner piece of wool. May not make a whole lot of difference to the fish but you fish by your beliefs as much as your technique.
President Club S. C. & P.

capman

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 06:45:10 PM »

Thanks alot for the info.