Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saturday's Vancouver Sun  (Read 8030 times)

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
Re: Saturday's Vancouver Sun
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 07:48:27 PM »

and sam i like to call it like i see it .
and your posts do inject thoughtfullness and enlightened points of view .however until the dfo start to do their job this mess will continue.and the only way to force the dfo to do their jobs is by public opinion .unfortunatly repetition is the only way [or at least an effective way] ???to change or form public opinion.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 10:15:44 PM »

the only way to force the dfo to do their jobs is by public opinion .unfortunatly repetition is the only way [or at least an effective way] ???to change or form public opinion.

The only way to effect action from Bureaucracies is Political Action.
Political Action is effected by pressuring Politicians  through Lobbying.
Drinking one another's bathwater is not Political Action it is a useless BS waste of time.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 11:27:23 PM »

Please Note-I didn't said that  action was never taken by anyone-I said that endless repetition was useless as teats on a boar.
As it happens I disagree with the individuals you mention and feel that they are misguided and foolish and I don't wish to be associated with them.
IMO this so called 'right-to-sportfish' is totally without foundation in custom or law in this country.
The foreign propaganda as perpetrated by this group here at times is both odious and divisive.
The Chinese would call using the ideas from some other country "sniffing foreign farts"-which has a particular ring to it don't you think?;D

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 05:25:16 AM »

i do have a right to sport fish .
its called a license and salmon tag.
i buy two every year.