Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: West Vancouver-Capilano Saltchuck September 23rd  (Read 1711 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

West Vancouver-Capilano Saltchuck September 23rd
« on: September 23, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »

Hello Everyone.

After visiting these BB's for a while...I decided it was finally time to get off my BFB...(Big Fat Behind) and register.  :D

Okay..on with the reports.

Fished Ambleside today---Thursday Sept 23...1 pm to 630 pm.
Hooked a Spring at 66 feet on Hot Spot and Anchovy. Played it to the Boat, spat the hooks.  :P Hooked that one in 82 feet of water close to the Storm Overflow Sewer West of the 14 th Street Pier.

Saw 4 other springs landed, the largest being in the high twenties, all a bit further offshore in 90 feet of water.

I had the pleasure of fishing  Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday as well...saw probably 25 springs hooked and landed over the 3 days....  EVERY LAST ONE that I know of was on anchovy/flasher combo... (GOSH I LOVE MY BINOCULARS!  8)

I also know of 3 coho about 5 to 6 lbs...all were caught right off the bottom DEEP say 80 to 100 feet...on anchovies too... all by ONE boat! *NOT MINE*  >:(

Seems that at least half the boats out there get a good crack at 1 to 2 fish on.....

Tight Lines Everyone...this weekend is going to be a GONG show... ( 50 boats Saturday I bet....  :( )

« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 09:49:53 PM by Rodney »

Bantam_50

Re: West Vancouver-Capilano Saltchuck
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:14:57 PM »

Good to have you here Fishin Magician. Nice to get some saltwater reports.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 09:00:05 AM »

Thanks!  ::)

Nice to be here!

Well..the gist of fishing Ambleside sees to have some hard and fast rules, and fishing there over the years seems to suggest that fishing near the bottom.....50 feet and deeper seems to be key for the late season springs.

A six foot leader from the flasher to the anchovy seems to be the standard too...

As for what tides to fish...I fished around the HIGH SLACK as that seems to work best....and the fish seem to bite more towards the green marker off the mouth....whereas when the tide starts to EBB.....fishing back more towards the 14th street pier....seems to be more productive...

As for me...UPDATE...since I am off this week...I get to go FISHING TODAY TOO! Will post later tonight when I return....

Tight Lines Everyone!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:56:54 PM »

Just back in from Ambleside tonight... Fished 2 to 7pm , Sept 24, saw 4 springs landed among 24 boats.

Slower today than other days.

Saw one about 35 lbs caught by a guide boat and they lost a PIG of a Coho for around here... probably better than 12 lbs....

NO BITES for me...  :-\

Anyone fishing here tomorrow or have anything to add?