Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg Sunday Sept 5th  (Read 1603 times)

Normfish

Peg Leg Sunday Sept 5th
« on: September 06, 2004, 09:07:18 AM »

Wow, has the water came up, people are stranded at Peg Leg. Trucks and Campers can't get across the first channel.
Thickrick and I went across to the other side in the boat and set up. The rain began to fall, but not for very long. It actually turn quite nice and sunny on and off, just ask Thickrick. Sun burn on his arms and neck  :-[
 The day started with and angler close to us getting a 6 to 7 lbs Spring, nice chrome fish. From there it was 20 to 30 pounders every half to hour or so. Only around 20 people on the bar.
I finally hooked a fish, which I think was a Coho, for it jumped like crazy. Lost it close to shore though.
 Thickrick had a good but also bad day as he hooked 3 big Springs but lost  :'( them all :o. One came right in, almost ready for netting, but then decided to head back to the ocean. Never seen a fish peel off 150 yards of line like that before. Rick stood there with an empty reel, all that was left was the backing.
All in all a good day, 10 or more nice fish landed, and as many on and lost.
Went out in a guys boat to help land another anglers fish, but it was lost at the boat. Great fight, but at the last minute when it was almost in the net, the leader broke.  :'( This fish was over 30lbs, I thought the guy was going to cry. Well thats fishing.
 Good Luck Every One
P.S. anyone know where all the water is coming from ???? One guy said something about a damm breaking or something. Also there is only 1 to 2 inches of visibility on the river.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
Re:Peg Leg Sunday Sept 5th
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »

Tried Peg Leg as well on sunday and it was a blast.
We waded at morning but get badly stranded an the way back just before sunset. Thanks to good samaritans with
 a car top boat we made it safely to shore. Today we tried
 spaghetti island and it was on fire. Got my shiny 20
punder very fast. Fish were comming wave after wave.
It was perfect ending of Fraser season for me.T