Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First and Last  (Read 2599 times)

redlad

First and Last
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:12:16 PM »

This was first year fishing Sockeye and likely my last. Three times I went fishing by myself at first light and three times I caught 2 fish.  # times I went later in the day with a group, like today, and met up with a zoo.  It just isn't fun.

The contrast between yesterday and today was unreal.  Yesterday I hit seabird at first light.  I fished the upper end and had 300 meters between me and the next fisherman.  I caught, oops hooked,  two fish in and went home satisfied not with the catching so much as the peace and solitude.  This evening I went back to Seabird.  There were 200 hundred people there at least.  It was a zoo.  Most people were polite and friendly, but for me this is not fishing.  Needless to say I didn't stay long, I got skunked and headed home.  

I plan to go back to the bars in the next couple of weeks for clean up detail.  I don't know about this Sockeye fishing, if you enjoy it that is fine for you.  I just hope they do not open it again or I might be tempted to go back out.

otto

Re:First and Last
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:21:11 PM »

Yo DOC!!!!  depending on the day, i can offer my truck for trash removal. some else bring the heavy duty garbage bags and i'll take the crap to the transfer station.

8)