Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Local Vancouver Saltwater Coho Season  (Read 1839 times)

Jacobleboe

2022 Local Vancouver Saltwater Coho Season
« on: May 31, 2022, 08:23:54 PM »

As of June 1st coho fishing will open off of south Bowen and kick off the summer season. As the season progresses the fish should also start to show up in greater numbers off of west van as well . Let this be the place to report your latest trip out, spots, depths and gear that you’ve found has been working. (Or not) 
Good luck fishing.

canucksfan233

Re: 2022 Local Vancouver Saltwater Coho Season
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 09:57:54 PM »

Guessing its a no with the high/late freshet, but any luck for anyone off south bowen?

Jacobleboe

Re: 2022 Local Vancouver Saltwater Coho Season
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »

Was out at south Bowen a week ago. Quite a few of coho around 25 - 35 ft in the morning, lots of chinook as well. Tried off Ambleside the other day on the flood with no luck, although it should start picking up from this week onward. All the rain makes things pretty difficult I’d imagine as most of the fish are shooting up the river fairly quick, but it’s definitely worth a shot. For west van and the cap mouth I’d say 45 to 60 ft is your best bet for now but the fish will start to come shallower as the season progresses. Chartreuse or purple your flashers I’ve found work the best this time of year (anything with glow tape is useless at such shallow depths) troll spoons or hoochies both will work just make sure ur lures have a lot of flashy sparkly stuff in or on them. These fish are highly aggressive and will bite artificials with ease its just a matter of finding where they are.
Good luck fishing.