Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Metro Vancouver urban lake rainbow trout stockings have begun!  (Read 8938 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

We livestreamed it from Lafarge Lake earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBcw9acUdN4

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: 2022 Metro Vancouver urban lake rainbow trout stockings have begun!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »

No doubt everybody who reads FWR has bugged out and gone fishing at Lafarge the last 2 days. Hence no replies.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »

No doubt everybody who reads FWR has bugged out and gone fishing at Lafarge the last 2 days. Hence no replies.
I was there this morning for a couple of hours with a few other gentlemen. Nobody caught anything. No matter how many times we changed spots or what we used. Guess they are still shocked. In the video the guy said they were starved at the hatchery but you never know with these fishies eh :P
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 04:16:06 PM »

I'm sorry, I've been fishing at Lafarge for 2 days. What did you say? :)

Back in the late 90's I used to work a few blocks away from Lafarge and would sometimes fish there during my lunch hour. My colleague appreciated the trout that I would put in the lunchroom fridge for her.   

Dress shoes, slacks, collared shirt and a spinning rod. I was quite the dandy!         

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 04:53:20 PM »

Dress shoes, slacks, collared shirt ...       

..and a dead fish! some guys are always on the make! What would your wife say?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 04:58:58 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

ReLogic

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »

Went there today, caught 2 along with some other fishermen who had luck as well.
It's nice fishing in the rain and before it gets announced on the website, less people.

I was there this morning for a couple of hours with a few other gentlemen. Nobody caught anything. No matter how many times we changed spots or what we used. Guess they are still shocked. In the video the guy said they were starved at the hatchery but you never know with these fishies eh :P

Looks like you just had to do the "last cast" for a bit longer! haha

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 09:35:25 PM »

Went there today, caught 2 along with some other fishermen who had luck as well.
It's nice fishing in the rain and before it gets announced on the website, less people.

Looks like you just had to do the "last cast" for a bit longer! haha
I blame the otters. Two of em following me all around the lake  :P ;D

coastangler

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »

Saw that they updated the website today so decided to head to Como Lake after work. Fished both piers and spend a few hours casting and retrieving flies with no luck. Nobody was getting anything including a couple of guys on float tubes. Decided to try on a indicator rig and got a nib, so kept trying different patterns, depths, etc until I gave up as it was getting dark. All of a sudden the guy next to me gets one on a spoon so I decide to try again the same pattern I got the bite earlier on and fish on! Crazy how happy I felt - I guess that's why I keep coming back. Enjoy the 2022 lake season everyone!

"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 07:50:45 AM »

water temperature changes can make a big difference. Those fish also have to acclimatize to their new home and the fact they have to find their own food.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 06:23:58 PM »

water temperature changes can make a big difference. Those fish also have to acclimatize to their new home and the fact they have to find their own food.
was there again today, tried como aswell, nothing for me and my buddy. Some guy with a fly rod and another with some sort of bobber cast and retrieve setup couldn't keep them off their hook though.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 10:27:50 PM »

was there again today, tried como aswell, nothing for me and my buddy. Some guy with a fly rod and another with some sort of bobber cast and retrieve setup couldn't keep them off their hook though.
The dude with the fly rod was probally Ralph.  8)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 07:53:53 AM »

Hmm. I might go back to Como as I haven't been there since sometime in the early 70s. My father and I used to catch lots of rainbows with single eggs in the park about Easter time. I haven't thought of it due to the age restriction but that was taken off a few years ago. Also enjoyed Latimer which was a good place to catch stocked trout. I was fishing once this week. I had a nice steelhead on for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:21:16 AM by RalphH »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2022, 01:32:04 PM »

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 04:59:44 PM »

Hmm. I might go back to Como as I haven't been there since sometime in the early 70s. My father and I used to catch lots of rainbows with single eggs in the park about Easter time. I haven't thought of it due to the age restriction but that was taken off a few years ago. Also enjoyed Latimer which was a good place to catch stocked trout. I was fishing once this week. I had a nice steelhead on for a bit.
there must've been 40 people fishing there today! Very busy indeed. Managed to catch a couple with my sister. Will have a nice dinner tonight  ;D

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM »

The dude with the fly rod was probally Ralph.  8)
Ralph typically flosses the white water at the end of the pipe.

In Rod’s picture above, I’m surprised he’s not in frame, elbows up, muscling Kitty away from prime holding water.