Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp-less August 11th  (Read 2231 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Carp-less August 11th
« on: August 12, 2004, 12:51:44 AM »

Well, after that pretty golden fish we caught last Saturday, floonster and willow couldn't resist and decided it was time to give carp another chance in Ladner. We ventured down to the old spot all around the same time this evening. Nina and I were the first ones there, gotta be there early to grab the honey hole of course. ;D My first ten minutes was intense. Three hits that were definitely carp, but missed them all. :-\ >:(

Soon after Willow arrived with her new puppy, a very energetic kid indeed. Maggie is so cute, she kept the boredom away while we waited for the fish to bite. :) Floonster and Deb arrived soon after. The entire evening was nice, talked to a few locals (not local fishers, local residents. ;D ) but that was about it.

Tomorrow and Friday we are completely booked up with kids fishing camp, I guess no carping for me. :-\ What a tough life this is. ;D Expect to see more shiner and chubby photos tomorrow!

ps. 2 spots left for Friday the 13th class. Age 9 to 15. pm, email or phone to sign up.