Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A return to Lock down for Coastal and Fraser Health Regions  (Read 23830 times)

Knnn

• Old Timer
Re: A return to Lock down for Coastal and Fraser Health Regions
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »

Not trying to be an A$$hat,just an observation. When did we start relying on YouTube videos as sound science? or even somewhat credible science?
I've always thought that if you wanted any real facts, periodicals and scientific journals were the go to source

As a general rule I would agree with you, however there are numerous sources of information on Youtube provided by suitably qualified individuals, who provide their interpretation of pre-print studies or peer reviewed technical papers that you may not be aware of or have access to.  If you have a scientific training or technical background, it is relatively easy to spot the legit sources of information and it is a shame to ignore them, just because they use YouTube to disseminate interesting and useful information.  For example, if you watch the fist link I provided, you will see that a medical doctor (by no means an expert, but with enough training to read and understand technical documentation)  provides at least three (3) references for you to follow up if you wish to verify his interpretation, as all good scientists do.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

Dammit!!

B.C.’s first case of more contagious U.K. COVID-19 strain found in Island Health

https://nanaimonewsnow.com/2020/12/27/b-c-s-first-case-of-more-contagious-u-k-covid-19-strain-found-in-island-health/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »

Dammit!!

B.C.’s first case of more contagious U.K. COVID-19 strain found in Island Health

https://nanaimonewsnow.com/2020/12/27/b-c-s-first-case-of-more-contagious-u-k-covid-19-strain-found-in-island-health/

pretty much inevitable. News is now out that this new variant has been tracked in the UK since September. There no evidence it has producing greater morbidity once it has been contracted. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Electroman

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »

pretty much inevitable. News is now out that this new variant has been tracked in the UK since September. There no evidence it has producing greater morbidity once it has been contracted.

No greater mortality but a much more contagious.