Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nicomen  (Read 4080 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Nicomen
« on: November 13, 2020, 07:10:02 AM »

After spending a few hours counting eagles and experimenting with how deep I could wade on the Harrison I went to Nicomen. Cars at the #7 Norrish access have experienced negative exponential growth since last week but I prefer the quiet structure at Dewdney Landing. Here there were even fewer cars and anglers down stream well past Kermode Wild Berry Wines. Not many fish showing but there are chum and even some jack coho there. I saw a pair of guys take there limits but even at a distance based on the fight I suspected those fish were not fair hooked. I landed & released 2 on the fly plus I hooked 4 jack coho landing 2 both ocean bright. Looks like the season is winding down and I imagine it has blown out with last nights rain.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:26:52 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

DanTfisherman

Re: Nicomen
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:59:10 PM »

The Nicomen system was very low and clear today.  Certain spots which showed up earlier in the week in video were packed.  Places I like to visit had lots of vehicles.  I parked in an area with no cars and explored.  Found some potential visit spots for next year.  A visit to the Chehalis with lots of work found 4 coho.  Nice scrappy fish, but had they been hatcheries, they would likely not have been coming home with me.

Dano