Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upd  (Read 63383 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2020 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upd
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2020, 05:10:17 AM »

Was not that great near dark was the report I got so today maybe questionable, will report back around noon when I get down for a check. Oh, incase you missed on another thread
I started this very important message so
Ii am sharing it here so no one misses it, sorry for the hijack. Please consider donating even if it is a small amount as every dollar helps us reach the goal.I know with COVID a lot of people have been hit hard financially.
 If things donot change in the rec sector soon there would be no need for my river reports or a lot on this forum too. :( :'(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:20:36 AM by chris gadsden »

yoda

« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2020, 08:50:15 AM »

Thank's chris for the report. Was out for awhile yesterday. Clarity was picking up the last hour. On reports, did manage to get out to suicide creek for a few hours yesterday. Water was still coming down. Alot of guys in runs down from the two train bridges. They had a few zombies on the beach. Did not see any that would have been either table or smoker worthy. They all seem to be happy though, so all power to them. I left after finding some fish to hassle in a run down from them. Nothing worthy though. One rather large wild I let go. Then checked out the vedder.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2020, 10:03:16 AM »

Was not that great near dark was the report I got so today maybe questionable, will report back around noon when I get down for a check. Oh, incase you missed on another thread
I started this very important message so
Ii am sharing it here so no one misses it, sorry for the hijack. Please consider donating even if it is a small amount as every dollar helps us reach the goal.I know with COVID a lot of people have been hit hard financially.
 If things donot change in the rec sector soon there would be no need for my river reports or a lot on this forum too. :( :'(
Oops forgot to put the link here.http://ow.ly/miEl50CoqbB water did not look to bad today but did not get a real close look, I was float hunting below one of the pumping stations and it was pumping in dirty ditch water. Found 8 nice floats. Sorry i did not go to a better area, will later today. Snow level down today so cooler .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:53:44 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2020, 04:55:21 PM »

I ran out of time to get back to the flow, someone else may have?

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2020, 12:16:10 AM »

Water conditions in the Lower yesterday were fishable. Fresh run chum salmon continue to roll in, jigs are the ticket as I found out.
Glad you are having success with artificials. Well presented they can often outfish roe. I haven't touched roe in more than 6 years now and don't miss it at all. Love my wool, beads, jigs and colorado blades.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2020, 12:41:24 PM »

Out for 30 minutes with Seb before we headed to a river cleanup, he got a fresh run doe chum and lost another, nothing for me.Condition good when we were there but raining most of the morning.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 07:23:21 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »

After river cleanup I had a nap and out late afternoon, 2 cast fesh run chum salmon. Cooked for supper delicious. river great condition. Raining now but cool. Don't forget a donation to the Go Fund please hope you found the link. Maybe Rod will make it easier to find the link. This is important guys and gals. probably the only time since I have been on this forum since 2001 I have asked to support a cause for money.

Thanks for those who have donated I see some who have, will you help too?

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2020, 06:29:07 AM »

hows the river looking for fishing?

Dylb

« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2020, 01:08:50 PM »

Walked the lower portion today, not as high as I expected with the recent weather, but still a little on the high/fast side with maybe a foot visibility? Fishable though. Chum still in the main run of the river. Should clear up nice and quick with the upcoming forecast

jimstone

« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2020, 02:45:33 PM »

fished yesterday from sunrise till 1100 on the other side of river from the cement slab with my 30 year vedder partner under partially sunny skies surrounded by snow capped mountains and nobody else in sight. slightly colored chum were taking the wool and bead offerings and my partner landed a beautiful hatch buck coho that was showing a tinge of red. river was a little high and green with 18 inch visibility
 never fished coho this late in the season and i can see why...not much left in the river. walked to the boundary and saw lots of bigger chum sitting in the pool in front of slesse.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »

Anybody get out today and how was the water? Tough read on the graph.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2021, 09:04:17 AM »

fished yesterday from sunrise till 1100 on the other side of river from the cement slab

did you wade accross or take the crazy long drive/hike?

Dylb

« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:43 PM »

Anyone able to give an update on water conditions?

Cheers

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2021, 06:41:42 PM »

Was coming into shape down to Allison around 3. Still pretty murky in the lower but guys were fishing. Should be good tomorrow.