Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Nations near Tofino, Ucluelet keeping borders closed as B.C. eases travel  (Read 4539 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

We were also just in Tofino last week and thankful that the highway has remained open while the small communities are protected as they feel needed.

Now, lets see some redtail perch..... ;D I've had half a dozen people telling me about this after we got back. This conversation should have taken place BEFORE we left. ;)

clarki

• Old Timer

We were also just in Tofino last week and thankful that the highway has remained open while the small communities are protected as they feel needed.

Now, lets see some redtail perch..... ;D I've had half a dozen people telling me about this after we got back. This conversation should have taken place BEFORE we left. ;)

Just put it in the reports section!

hammer

Clarki...did you eat them. They look like they would be good

clarki

• Old Timer

Clarki...did you eat them. They look like they would be good
So my caveat is that I don't have my normal kitchen ingredients with me in our rental unit, and online you will read that redtail, while one of the tastiest of the surfperch, can be mushy when cooked.

I opted to gut and scale the fish and cook it whole in the grill. And yes, it came out as mushy, albeit tasty.

I may have grilled it too long and I suspect it would take some practice to find a recipe and method/duration of cooking to bring out the best of the fish. 

clarki

• Old Timer

I also  think the partnering has been going between FN and many small neighboring communities for some time.

Excellent point, Ralph.
https://www.westerlynews.ca/business/tofino-and-tla-o-qui-aht-first-nation-release-joint-statement-welcoming-respectful-tourists/?fbclid=IwAR3LqBPECTg-OcWx9_hlOHeiRseav1zzODsD-4DLUO_fiqmYOIFuS8U30bI

The District of Tofino and the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation released a joint-statement last week, clarifying that the area is open to “smart, safe and respectful travel” and is “excited to host visitors seeking a special place to slow down and reconnect.”