Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rice Lake access info  (Read 1428 times)

essyoo

Rice Lake access info
« on: June 05, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

Anyone happen to have info on whether or not the top parking lot is open yet? I can't seem to find any info online and the last couple of times I've tried to take the kids there the road has been closed part way up the hill (too far for my little ones to walk the rest of the way)

thanks!
-s

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: Rice Lake access info
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »

Its open but I can tell you my parents went up to the lake the other day.   They used to walk up to the lake every day and fish for a few hours and come home.  They didn't keep many fish but they know the lake well.   They were surprised after 5 hours of fishing they only got 1 bite.  Dad asked me to check the stocking reports and I hasn't been stocked for a while. 

I acquired a new bike during covid and was going up on my morning ride.  a lot of people were walking in from Lynn Valley road so I am guessing the fish are all caught...
see ya on the river

Quin

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:13:46 AM »

It was stocked back at the beginning of April, but being an urban lake, it can get a lot of pressure in 2 months. Should still be a couple trout left though. :)

essyoo

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »

Thanks for the info all! I was surprised to see how busy it was the couple of times we tried recently even with the road closure.