Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interior Lake Fly Fishing Luxury Cabins  (Read 4880 times)

HKSR

Interior Lake Fly Fishing Luxury Cabins
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »

Hi, I'm looking for a nice place to take my family to go fly fishing on an interior lake, but also having plenty of creature comforts and cleanliness to the resort.  Looking for something similar to the luxury log cabins at Tunkwa.  Does anybody have any recommendations? 

Would also need boat rentals (including motors and anchors).

Thanks in advance!

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Interior Lake Fly Fishing Luxury Cabins
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

Fawn Lake
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »

Depending on how old the kids are, Ruddocks Ranch's lower floor of the main cabin/lodge is a good option for this.

https://ruddocks.ca/the-lower-level-lodge/

We (few friends) have been there several times and it's a very nice place to stay at, the boats are right outside the cabin. They just don't have a playground etc, so my kids are a bit too young for it. Lots of wildlife and nature to explore in the area.

Salmon Lake Resort at Douglas Lake Ranch is another one to look into.

HKSR

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »

Depending on how old the kids are, Ruddocks Ranch's lower floor of the main cabin/lodge is a good option for this.

https://ruddocks.ca/the-lower-level-lodge/

We (few friends) have been there several times and it's a very nice place to stay at, the boats are right outside the cabin. They just don't have a playground etc, so my kids are a bit too young for it. Lots of wildlife and nature to explore in the area.

Salmon Lake Resort at Douglas Lake Ranch is another one to look into.

Thanks Rod!  My kids are just toddlers.  My mom would watch them while my wife and I head out for fishing lol.

So is that lower floor basically the basement of the lodge at Ruddock's?

hammer

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 07:24:13 PM »

Hihium

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 09:48:56 PM »

Hihium
Having been a customer of both resorts on Hihium Lake, I wouldn’t call them luxury.

Sky Hi Resort: definitely not.

Hihium Lake Resort: not really. Some of the larger lodges are comfortable and do have some creature comforts i.e propane fridge, and hot water tank but there is no beach, no grassy area for toddlers to play on and no playground area. Not really luxury and no area for young un’s to range that is away from the shore.

HSKR: your mom will babysit at a fish camp while you and your wife go fishing!? What a deal!

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 11:01:42 PM »

You will find a lot of these properties in AirBnb, from $200 per night to $2000 per night.

HKSR

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:14 AM »

Having been a customer of both resorts on Hihium Lake, I wouldn’t call them luxury.

Sky Hi Resort: definitely not.

Hihium Lake Resort: not really. Some of the larger lodges are comfortable and do have some creature comforts i.e propane fridge, and hot water tank but there is no beach, no grassy area for toddlers to play on and no playground area. Not really luxury and no area for young un’s to range that is away from the shore.

HSKR: your mom will babysit at a fish camp while you and your wife go fishing!? What a deal!

I know right?  All we need to do is provide room and board at a nice cabin where she can spend time with her grandchildren  :D

Sounds like there's not many places (if any) quite like Tunkwa's luxury lodges...

HKSR

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 08:33:10 AM »

You will find a lot of these properties in AirBnb, from $200 per night to $2000 per night.

On a good fishing lake for fly fishing, with boat rentals (including motor and anchors)? 

essyoo

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 09:26:16 AM »

I'll second Rod's recommendation for Salmon Lake. The cabins are nice and they also have yurts to rent. If you want to get really fancy there's a whole house to rent at the other end of the lake. Staff is great there and nice facilities for kids too.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 09:48:25 AM »

Maybe Corbett Lake Lodge? Never stayed there, so just an idea, not a recommendation

poper

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 06:47:16 PM »

https://www.chauniganlodge.com/

This place is awesome, the fishing and the Scenery are the best. I love it up there and the lakes around there are great.

The dry fly fishing is so good.

I drive in, it is a worth the drive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:51:04 PM by poper »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:40 PM »

corbett lake has all of that without the luxury part. cabins are nice and clean but wouldn't say luxury.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »

Thanks Rod!  My kids are just toddlers.  My mom would watch them while my wife and I head out for fishing lol.

So is that lower floor basically the basement of the lodge at Ruddock's?

Yeah the bottom floor is kind of the semi-basement of the lodge. there are still windows looking out to the lake.

Yeah, we usually like to bring the parental unit/babysitters along to our multi-day lake trips too.... ;)

I still think Tunkwa is the most ideal for these trips. It's got pretty much everything to cover all the needs.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 07:20:02 AM »

there are a couple of newer cabins at Corbett that may fit the bill. The other Cabins have mostly been spruced up a bit the last few years . All have plumbing, flush toilets, hot water, showers and cooking facilities. No kid facilities at Corbett; no playgrounds etc. Doesn't fish well in summer and gets a serious bloom most years.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.