Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Chinook Closures  (Read 6861 times)

avid angler

Re: More Chinook Closures
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 07:08:14 AM »

Just greed. Our poor salmon. Every year I feel like it gets worse and worse. People fighting over scraps. If I ever see a net in the Nicomen, Sumas, Kanaka OR Chehalis, I'm cutting it. I guarantee you as we speak there lays a net in the Chehalis. Why do you think its still closed ? Because of the pressure from Ralph Leon Jr. last year thats why. That band is becoming more powerful by the day. We as rec guys are losing out grip here. We all talk the same talk year in and year out. Nothing ever changes it just gets worse. We talk about how we all need to hold hands with Indians and get along but the bands don't care. They just stab us in the back and take more ! Ralph Leon Jr is a prime example of this.

Some of you people are just so damn ignorant here. There has been a plan to cut non FN people out of the salmon game privince wide. The cuts we are seeing are just baby steps towards the end game.

Im glad I’m not the only one who sees through Ralph Leon Jr. The chehalis band displays some of the most disgusting behaviour year after year.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 10:33:13 AM »

is the Ralph Leon Jr. same person Ralph in this forum?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 11:15:57 AM »

is the Ralph Leon Jr. same person Ralph in this forum?

No.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »

...........if they get to net a hatchery river I'm  going fishing  too....

Ill go with you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 09:36:57 AM »

Some talk going around of doing this again. Is this the answer or is there one? From my video archives in the 1980's https://youtu.be/JTK_Z4md4KA

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:48 AM »

sounds like there is appetite for a "protest fishery". Chris do have any sense to what extent potential conflicts between FN fishers and sport anglers has caused the lack of clarity of sport access? Is the Province considering a general closure on some terminal streams to facilitate FN harvest should they go forward?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 11:27:51 AM »

Is this the answer or is there one?

The answer is sockeye but they aren't cooperating.

IMO because FN's are not getting the amount of sockeye they want so they are looking at all the other fisheries. They have priority so they can boot anyone off the water.

No reason bar fishermen should not have access to fraser summer 4.1's chinook. But FN want 25k+ of them.  They asked the goverment for all the TAC and it seems they got it.

hammer

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »

Any word on ocean closures?

TacoChris

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

Protest fishery have none of you learned anything?  Block highways, threaten police and claim brutality.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 06:29:56 AM »

Protest fishery have none of you learned anything?  Block highways, threaten police and claim brutality.

Lol so true.

mikeyman

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:22 AM »

Salt guys with boats. Let's block the harbour. Lions Gate bridge right across. I have 23 ft to contribute! Should plan the protests with river and ocean fishers included. Put the bar rods in the same day!