Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Define locally  (Read 25665 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Define locally
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2020, 05:36:08 PM »

Aerosol spread is likely possible but given the contagion rate is at best insignificant source of contagion. Virus (like measles) that remain viable in free air long enough have contagion rates 2x or more higher than covid. As for getting the virus from farts or feces well people don't normally get close enough for droplet contact let alone get it into the lungs 2nd hand.[Yuck]

https://first10em.com/aerosols-droplets-and-airborne-spread/

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-can-become-aerosol-doesnt-mean-doomed/
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2020, 12:14:01 PM »

Right now, there is NO law saying we can't travel from the LM to Princeton/Merrit for a daytrip of flyfishing.
If a law comes into place that states we can't....then I'll will respect it.

A trip to Princeton/Merrit for me looks like this.

Full tank of gas before I leave the LM.
Lunch packed....enough food for 2 extra meals in the cooler.
First aid kit and any other medical stuff that I could need for most reasonable injuries or accidents.
All fishing gear accounted for...no stopping at local tackle shops.
Finding a quiet lake with somewhere I can park along the road or away from main areas.
Get out and into my float tube and keep my distance from anyone else (although my lakes are pretty empty most of the time)
Fish for 4 or 5 hours and have lunch by myself.
Get in my vehicle and drive home.
I don't need to stop for gas or snacks as that has already been taken care of.

Anyone complaining of me doing that is nothing more than an agenda to control my rights and to induce unnecessary fearmongering.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2020, 12:24:51 PM »

Anyone complaining of me doing that is nothing more than an agenda to control my rights and to induce unnecessary fearmongering.

Coming from you of course, why doesn't that surprise us.

Sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3p8DSaXGgA

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2020, 01:02:05 PM »

RG why are you always so angry? Take a prayer break ask JC for guidance and forgiveness.

Right now, there is NO law saying we can't travel from the LM to Princeton/Merrit for a daytrip of flyfishing.

First aid kit and any other medical stuff that I could need for most reasonable injuries or accidents.
Finding a quiet lake with somewhere I can park along the road or away from main areas.
Get out and into my float tube and keep my distance from anyone else (although my lakes are pretty empty most of the time)

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3p8DSaXGgA

Makes me feel ill watching this. Sometimes I just can't even.

Calls to poison control are up 2-3x more than usual since Trump suggested testing disinfectants internally. I read about a guy who called poison control after he made his own mouthwash that included bleach. Someone else did a sinus rinse with some foaming detergent. Part of me wants to laugh and talk about Darwinism and survival of the fittest. Another part of me realizes that people this dumb affect others by spreading disinformation, thinking only of themselves, and making everyone's life worse. See above video. Sometimes I can't even :/

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »

I never though I would say this but I agree with Robert_G.  :o

There is nothing wrong, imo, in leaving my house spending a day in the woods, and travelling back home.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »

Makes me feel ill watching this. Sometimes I just can't even.

Calls to poison control are up 2-3x more than usual since Trump suggested testing disinfectants internally.

I personally think that's more a reflection on the average intelligence of a person in America.

Robert_G

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 01:38:54 PM »

RG why are you always so angry? Take a prayer break ask JC for guidance and forgiveness.

Give me a break Ralph. This has nothing to do with being angry. I'm excited for my flyfishing solitude that is about to happen. I haven't been this excited about the interior fishing in years.....not to mention 75 cent a litre gas. Last year  was  $1.40. May is going to be awesome.

I never though I would say this but I agree with Robert_G.  :o

There is nothing wrong, imo, in leaving my house spending a day in the woods, and travelling back home.

See....that didn't hurt so much....did it?

I personally think that's more a reflection on the average intelligence of a person in America.

Nailed it.

stsfisher

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2020, 01:42:16 PM »

And the imaginary fuel fairy with top up your tank for the next fishing, work, or grocery trip........... ;)

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2020, 01:44:13 PM »

He's got nothing to worry about, stay angry now and look forward to eternal happiness afterward. ;D

Robert_G

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »

And the imaginary fuel fairy with top up your tank for the next fishing, work, or grocery trip........... ;)

What on earth are you talking about? There is no shortage of gas right now.

stsfisher

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »

What on earth are you talking about? There is no shortage of gas right now.
Well if you did not understand my comment then it actually helps paint the picture.

Robert_G

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »

Well if you did not understand my comment then it actually helps paint the picture.

Unless you are talking about the fact that I have to go to my "local" gas station an extra time here and there......but really? Who cares if I have to do an extra fill up each week.
What does that matter? I'm not worried about contracting or spreading Covid19 at the local gas station. Good grief.

redside1

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »

Agree, Darwin theory should cull the herd a little.
Things like this happen to those that can’t think for themselves.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2020, 04:59:16 PM »

The irony in all this,  is going to the grocery store (which is considered essential travel) is riskier than going to a secluded lake by himself....and going for groceries several times a month will eventually lead to needing gas.

The whole reason why restrictions came into play was the inability of the vast public to practice social/physical distancing. Families gathering for parties, friends gathering for picnics, going to restaurants, movies, and playing team sports... etc.  It was a fail safe strategy to maximize control of crowds and isolate the cluster of infection.

Now it's gotten to the point were solo travel is considered taboo if not done for the purpose of "essential" even if it's deemed safer than going out to buy food.

If that was the case, then there should be no exceptions (whether local or not) to any lifting of restrictions because as mentioned before covid has no boundaries so if the threat is present it shouldn't matter where you are.  No non essential travel, no boating, no fishing, no hunting...make it straight across the board to prevent any grey areas. Simple as that.