Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Define locally  (Read 25266 times)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Define locally
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 06:19:30 PM »

There was no one around because everyone else was staying close to home  ::)

No.  Just not a heavily trafficked area including pre-Covid.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 07:34:43 PM »

I have tried to find the directive that contains the instruction to stay local. Can someone show me a link?

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

It also has other directives like not sharing vehicles with people you dont live with etc...

GordJ

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »

Thanks

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 07:46:37 AM »

Lol

Take a chill pill dude no one is driving to Nelson fishing for the day and then driving home.

Nor was I suggesting that.

what you said was very clear, back and forth in a day. Lot's of people drive several hours to fish for several hours and return home that day. It's not unusual.

What this is about is some people take a common well defined and understood word and twist the meaning to suit their own selfish interests during a National and Provincial Emergency.

Do that if you want but that's what it is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:56:49 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »

I'm surprised that people are arguing that a different region in the fishing regs is "local".

What this is about is some people take a common well defined and understood word and twist the meaning to suit their own selfish interests during a National and Provincial Emergency. Do that if you want but that's what it is.
Ralph's not mad. He's just disappointed.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »

I'm surprised that people are arguing that a different region in the fishing regs is "local".
Ralph's not mad. He's just disappointed.
What if you lived on the boarder of two regions ? Awh...... bet ya didnt think about that now did ya
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:29:22 AM by Hike_and_fish »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »

What if you lined on the boarder of two regions ? Awh...... bet ya didnt think about that now did ya
Check and mate! ::)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »

What if you lined on the boarder of two regions ? Awh...... bet ya didnt think about that now did ya

Hee Hee...but he made the point. For angling the Province is split into Regions and each Region is split into a number of Management Units. Region 2 alone has 19 Management Units. Traveling within a Region is regional travel, not local.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »

what you said was very clear, back and forth in a day. Lot's of people drive several hours to fish for several hours and return home that day. It's not unusual.

What this is about is some people take a common well defined and understood word and twist the meaning to suit their own selfish interests during a National and Provincial Emergency.

Sorry, but when referring to locality, it actually means closest amenity to which you can travel. Time and distance is subjective depending on where you live.

ie... YVR is over an hour away from Squamish, but is considered the local international airport.

If anything, self interest suits more the people who live close to the amenties (ie...The Vedder) in constricting the definition of "Local".

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2020, 10:46:30 AM »

actually I said that previously in the context of essential travel. You can read higher up.

I'd also say that since air travel is greatly restricted in the current state of emergency your example is moot.

For me your comments don't change my part of the argument since just because you want to fish the Vedder does not make it local for people who live in or close to Vancouver.

I tell ya' it's increasingly difficult being a reasonable person in an increasingly irrational world! LOL.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »

I don't want to do anything right now. I'm merely stating that the definition of 'local" is subjective. Take a chill pill bro.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »

Does that mean people that live out in the valley can’t go fish in the ocean

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 11:08:25 AM »

That was my point. It's not about entitlement like RalphH insinuated...it's about giving proper directives in order to keep the balance between essential travel and access to the majority and not just the few.

stsfisher

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2020, 11:20:57 AM »

If I lived in the valley and felt I needed to go fish the ocean, I would personal refrain from doing that. Of course the use of "Valley" in its self leaves your question open to interpretation if you where someone looking to find a way around the suggestive rules. Oh right they are suggestive requests not actual lock downs or enforceable rules. 

You do what you want if it makes you feel better............

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »

I tell ya' it's increasingly difficult being a reasonable person in an increasingly irrational world! LOL.

If you were reasonable you would take into account other people's opinions rather than making assumptions that you have a habit of doing.