Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 69

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195150 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »

Knew you would chicken on that. Money where your yap is Ol' Boy...

Nog

LOL!

How much did you pay out following the Oct 21 2019 Federal election where you were so sure Scheer and the Conservatives would form the next government? You dropped out of sight from all you web lobbyist work for some time best I recall.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:37:51 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »

I see the critical thinking or lack there of has effected several people. If Trump was bought and paid for, the establishment would love him...it's that simple. So I'll ask you...if Trump is bought and paid for and doing exactly what they want him to do, why does the establishment want to get rid of him? Its a simple question to answer.
........what if he was not bought and paid for by the establishment on the whole but by a small sliver of that establishment and the majority of that establishment wants to get rid of him because he is a dangerous con-man..?
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Robert_G

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2020, 01:17:54 PM »

........what if he was not bought and paid for by the establishment on the whole but by a small sliver of that establishment and the majority of that establishment wants to get rid of him because he is a dangerous con-man..?

I think I saw that on a James Bond movie....can't remember which one.
Regardless.....nope.

Robert_G

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »

Hopefully Rod will allow this topic to continue as sidetracked as it is. Not too many of us are out fishing and the conversation has stayed quite civil. Much appreciated too.

Spoonman

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »

...can't argue with that argument ( lack of )....still waiting for a list of sources of unbiased info....guess I'll have to keep relying on my own eyes and ears.....and my guess is cherry......
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:22:11 PM by Spoonman »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:22 PM »

It’s a good way to single out the religious bigots, so of course it should keep going.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »

On a wholly positive yet unrelated note, a few bays in Puget Sound are reporting record herring spawning this season. Anybody have any reports on herring activity from farther north? It's a good sign that at least the fish will have plenty of feed in their last couple months before entering the rivers.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 02:04:38 PM »

Her words condemn her. Pro abortion and being a Christian are an impossible combination...so I don't need to look into her soul. She is not a Christian as long as she supports the murdering of unborn children.
Trump on the other hand has stated that he would like abortion to be illegal. Does he have the power to that? No he doesn't. Does that make Trump a Christian? Not on its own...of course it doesn't. But there are certain lines a Christian cannot cross when it comes to their beliefs....and supporting abortion crosses that line.

Most of Trump's adult life he was pro-choice.

Trump only shifted his opinion - to match the position Ronald Reagan took during his Presidency - when he first considered running for the Republican nomination. That is he opposes Roe vs Wade but supports abortion in the case of pregnancy resulting from rape, incest or where carrying a child to term may endanger the life of the prospective mother.

Most people saw this view as merely strategic to enhance his chance of gaining support for pursuing the nomination and not a truly held value.

Trump has politically flip flopped constantly throughout his adult life. Being both a Republican and a Democratic at various times. Supporting the Clintons, being their friend, attending the wedding of their daughter Chelsea and then becoming her worst enemy when he contemplated taking a run at the Presidency.

Basically Trump tells people what he thinks they want to hear. He is about self-aggrandizement and has no real personal values of his own beyond making money and having his ego constantly stroked.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2020, 02:21:50 PM »

Most of Trump's adult life he was pro-choice.

Trump only shifted his opinion - to match the position Ronald Reagan took during his Presidency - when he first considered running for the Republican nomination. That is he opposes Roe vs Wade but supports abortion in the case of pregnancy resulting from rape, incest or where carrying a child to term may endanger the life of the prospective mother.

Most people saw this view as merely strategic to enhance his chance of gaining support for pursuing the nomination and not a truly held value.

Trump has politically flip flopped constantly throughout his adult life. Being both a Republican and a Democratic at various times. Supporting the Clintons, being their friend, attending the wedding of their daughter Chelsea and then becoming her worst enemy when he contemplated taking a run at the Presidency.

Basically Trump tells people what he thinks they want to hear. He is about self-aggrandizement and has no real personal values of his own beyond making money and having his ego constantly stroked.

You don't actually know why Trump shifted his opinion. Again....it's like you think you can read minds or something.
As for Trumps moral behavior, I don't think anyone sees him as a 'saint'....or even close, but at the end of the day Christianity is not a showcase for saints; it's a hospital for sinners. That is one of the fundamentals of our beliefs. You come to the Lord for forgiveness and healing resulting in eternal life with God, based on who Jesus is and what He did on the cross and that God raised Him from the dead.
Whether or not Trump is at that point yet is between him and God. However, many Christians say they have seen some real change in his behavior and morals since he took the presidency. That's how becoming a Christian works. You don't start your Christian life as a sinless perfect human being. You come to God broken in need of being reborn and then he helps you grow from that starting point. Even a seasoned Christian of 50 years or more....they are far from perfect. That's just how it works. Perhaps Trump is in the very early stages of being a Christian.....again....that's between him and God and I'm not going to judge.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2020, 02:41:11 PM »

You don't actually know why Trump shifted his opinion. ....it's like you think you can read minds or something.

No but neither can you. Nor did I say I could "read his mind". There is however good reason to doubt the sincerity of his beliefs and frankly the veracity of much of what he says. That is well documented!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:38:09 PM by RalphH »

Robert_G

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2020, 02:53:03 PM »

Nor did I say I could "read this mind".

Really? I think you did...see next quote

Trump only shifted his opinion - to match the position Ronald Reagan took during his Presidency
Um....I'm pretty sure that's the equivariant of saying you can read someone's mind. Unless Trump told you his reason or stated it publicly (which he did not)....the only way you could know is by reading his mind...logical conclusion here.

There is however good reason to doubt the sincerity of his beliefs and frankly the veracity of much of what he says. That is well documented!

documented by who...CNN? The media has become professionals at twisting his words. They don't even deny that they do it anymore...and no, you don't have good reason to doubt his sincerity..
I'll tell you what is well documented though...the fact that CNN was looking for ways to impeach him before he was even elected in 2016...…if you don't see a problem with that then I have nothing more to you on the subject.

Spoonman

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »

...watching trump live on CNN using my own eyes and ears....is that a biased source ?...twists his own words in the same breath.....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:31:22 PM by Spoonman »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2020, 03:26:51 PM »

Faux News is reliable source of information ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »

LOL!

How much did you pay out following the Oct 21 2019 Federal election where you were so sure Scheer and the Conservatives would form the next government? You dropped out of sight from all you web lobbyist work for some time best I recall.

;D ;D Scheer wasn't ready  ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »

You don't actually know why Trump shifted his opinion. Again....it's like you think you can read minds or something.
As for Trumps moral behavior, I don't think anyone sees him as a 'saint'....or even close, but at the end of the day Christianity is not a showcase for saints; it's a hospital for sinners. That is one of the fundamentals of our beliefs. You come to the Lord for forgiveness and healing resulting in eternal life with God, based on who Jesus is and what He did on the cross and that God raised Him from the dead.
Whether or not Trump is at that point yet is between him and God. However, many Christians say they have seen some real change in his behavior and morals since he took the presidency. That's how becoming a Christian works. You don't start your Christian life as a sinless perfect human being. You come to God broken in need of being reborn and then he helps you grow from that starting point. Even a seasoned Christian of 50 years or more....they are far from perfect. That's just how it works. Perhaps Trump is in the very early stages of being a Christian.....again....that's between him and God and I'm not going to judge.
Yes yes yes !
Ask the doctors about the "virus" & they know it exists & it's somewhat how it infects /spreads...but they have more questions than answers.
Weeks ago doctors said the general masks does not work at all & a waste of time. Now they say wear a mask or masks made from cloth / even paper towel...
Kinda like when it comes to religion ha! 100s of religions denominations /faiths have "the answer".
Ya study a little & it gets ya more confused & doubtful.
Go in with an open mind & 6 months later leave with a closed mind.
They say....I'll just not steal or kill people and go fishing. Ha !
Even tons of people attending churches for years have a "well I hope this Jesus thing is real. Hope so"
Got the religious info but 100% convinced (no)
By the way Robert_G comments I sense he is 100% convinced his Christian faith is real.
I too have that "knowing".
Literally zero unbelief.
I too though attended church & had a " hope this Jesus story is real"
Was not convinced but just guessed it was a true story.
Finally decided to pray to Him with all my heart & had that "born again" Christian conversion !
Literally felt the Holy Spirit !
Since that time witness a lot. (Share but not arm twist) Even a few times encountered "the evil presence" ...yes there is a spiritual war. Forces behind the scene. We cannot see. So evil that in comparison it makes Covid-19 look harmless like candy.
People are running for sanitizer /toilet paper....but if they knew of this other evil New Testaments would sell out & a waiting list 2 yrs long.
Pres. Trump is surrounded by pastors who have met The Lord in a real way...and their faith is rubbing off on him. Bird of a feather flock together.
Pres. Trump asks for their prayers daily in the Oval Office.
But I understand why most think Christianity is foolish & BS but if you were to focus on the millions who tell of an encounter with God in a real supernatural way....that open mind would open wider & wider & wider ...& one day you will pray directly to God & get a response.

Went for a bike ride & had to empty my blatter.
So went into a portable outhouse at a site where a house is being constructed.
In that little space...not too clean looking...paper on floor etc...all I could think was...is there any Corvid-19 in here ??? Ha !

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 69