Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 69

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195343 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »

So, yes, CohoJake. This current health crisis could very well affect fishing opportunities! :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:30 AM »

So much for the separation of Church and State.

But then it's bad that certain segments of the US line up against Trump but is ok for the Prosperity Gospel Mammonites to line up with Trump.

Was chatting with the neighbor yesterday. His Brother married a US Citizen and they live in Arizona. She went to the same church all her life but in 2016 the Chaplain told the congregation they must vote for Trump to be good "Christians". She walked out right then and there and never went back.

Trump is about as Christian as a snail.

My wife has relations in the states. They can't believe what's happened there since 2016 and most who were Republicans can't believe what has happened to the Republican party in the last 20 to 30 years.

Trump doesn't need an extended Covid-19 outbreak to lose. His unbelievably incompetent behavior will do it for him. He can't even crack a 50% approval rating in the biggest National crisis in over 10 years.
Many preachers I see praying with Pres. Trump do have churches with big congregations.
But these churches have big out reaches ...in the inner cities helping the poor ..digging water wells in places where people have to walk miles & drink from filthy water..
One preacher Rev Jeffries (think his name is) wonderful pastor.
What I'm saying is a big population in the USA are believers in God & they must vote.
It's a right in a democratic country. Freedom.
1) totally agree with you RalphH a pastor should not command his congregation who to vote for.
Ok to show which party goes more with scripture & which party goes against scripture & then let the people decide who to vote for.
That's why I'd be a republican if I were an American.
Abortion at the end of 9 months term & other things the democrats push for ....they would not get my vote.
2) pastors like Rev Copeland & some like him get millions in donations or sales from books etc...& they get rich ...and spend a big % on themselves is super wrong.
The guy is a pilot also and has a collection of airplanes he flys. Hobby like a fishermen collects fishing rods.
I would not send the guy a dollar.
Some Christian organizations bring in millions & millions yearly in donations but they in the ministries dish the $$$ out...orphanages around the world...bringing medical services to the very poor...bringing emergency help after some crisis....so on.
But the greedy preacher who puts too much $$$ in his own pockets....is one of the worst examples.
Scams in everyday life are out there so think twice before ya give to charities or give a donation.

Since you commented thought I 'd respond.
This unseen enemy of this virus is not Christian non Christian republican democrat ....we all better save our energy & unite to try to beat it because we either beat  it or it beats us...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »

... Trump doesn't need an extended Covid-19 outbreak to lose. His unbelievably incompetent behavior will do it for him. He can't even crack a 50% approval rating in the biggest National crisis in over 10 years.

I have a LOT of Family in the US that paint quite a different picture than yours Ralphie Ol' Boy.

Always get a giggle over Canadians getting triggered and incensed by Trump, while at the same time largely turning a blind eye towards the incompetence factor running so deep within our own government. Not my circus, not my monkeys comes to mind. Might want to keep that saying in mind when your blood pressure shoots up over the actions of a leader from a different country...

That aside, I am willing to make you a bet Ralphie. You can name the value associated within reason. And the bet? I say Trump will win the next election in the US. Already know your stance.

What you willing to put up??

Wondering...
Nog
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:27:50 AM by IronNoggin »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »

As a Christian myself, I don't agree that a pastor should tell or preach, or try to manipulate who Christians should vote for. Anyone who is a devout Christian already knows you don't vote for Killary Clinton or anyone else on the baby murdering progressive left...so what the pastor said was actually quite redundant.

Whether or not that is true....I'd like to know what information God gave you that gives you the inside knowledge to another man's soul. Please enlighten me.
Again as for the pastor saying to vote for Trump....what he should have said was to not vote for Killary Clinton. She is the devil incarnate. Christians are not to support the devil.
2x well put.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2020, 12:24:37 PM »

Such a simple mindset. I wish I had the ablitiy to think like a simpleton. The Dems and Republicans are against each other? Same beast different head I say. I can remeber when Bush Jr was in the oval office and everyone just called him stupid. People dont see that these people are put in power for a reason. They are tools used to distract us from what is really going on. They are also used to pin people against each other. The powers that be know that when the people are divided, they can be conquered. This is why there has been a major push to destroy the family unit and break down human to human connections like the sense of community. Dont get sucked into the distraction of politics. It is just that, a distraction

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2020, 12:28:47 PM »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2020, 12:33:20 PM »

Whether or not that is true....I'd like to know what information God gave you that gives you the inside knowledge to another man's soul. Please enlighten me.
Again as for the pastor saying to vote for Trump....what he should have said was to not vote for Killary Clinton. She is the devil incarnate. Christians are not to support the devil.

I can't look into another man's soul but apparently you can look clearly into a woman's  ::) ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2020, 12:41:58 PM »

I have a LOT of Family in the US that paint quite a different picture than yours Ralphie Ol' Boy.

Always get a giggle over Canadians getting triggered and incensed by Trump, while at the same time largely turning a blind eye towards the incompetence factor running so deep within our own government. Not my circus, not my monkeys comes to mind. Might want to keep that saying in mind when your blood pressure shoots up over the actions of a leader from a different country...

That aside, I am willing to make you a bet Ralphie. You can name the value associated within reason. And the bet? I say Trump will win the next election in the US. Already know your stance.

What you willing to put up??

Wondering...
Nog

Oh Mr Noggin when will you learn to understand words in a conversation and not convert them into what you think they should mean?

I spoke of what people I knew said, not yours. No surprises what yours think but thanks for that info.

As for your money - it would be best for you to invest in something more solid than Trump's possible victory in November.

You have a nice day in self isolation my friend!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2020, 12:42:53 PM »

Such a simple mindset. I wish I had the ablitiy to think like a simpleton. The Dems and Republicans are against each other? Same beast different head I say. I can remeber when Bush Jr was in the oval office and everyone just called him stupid. People dont see that these people are put in power for a reason. They are tools used to distract us from what is really going on. They are also used to pin people against each other. The powers that be know that when the people are divided, they can be conquered. This is why there has been a major push to destroy the family unit and break down human to human connections like the sense of community. Dont get sucked into the distraction of politics. It is just that, a distraction

Perhaps you do think like a simpleton. Anyone capable of basic critical thinking knows that Trump cannot be bought like you implied. True....most politicians are bought and paid for....but not Trump...never has been never will be. Why do you think the establishment has done everything humanly possible to get rid of him?
Trump is by far the best president the U.S. has seen in decades if not longer. If the dems were in power right now, you would see a complete breakdown of civilization in America. Trump is literally the only national leader on this side of the world keeping things at least livable.

Robert_G

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2020, 12:46:15 PM »

I can't look into another man's soul but apparently you can look clearly into a woman's  ::) ::)

Her words condemn her. Pro abortion and being a Christian are an impossible combination...so I don't need to look into her soul. She is not a Christian as long as she supports the murdering of unborn children.
Trump on the other hand has stated that he would like abortion to be illegal. Does he have the power to that? No he doesn't. Does that make Trump a Christian? Of course it doesn't. But there are certain lines a Christian cannot cross when it comes to their beliefs....and supporting abortion crosses that line.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:09:44 PM by Robert_G »

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »

.......Anyone capable of basic critical thinking knows that Trump cannot be bought like you implied. True..
..most politicians are bought and paid for....but not Trump...never has been never will be. Why do you think the establishment has done everything humanly possible to get rid of him?
Trump is by far the best president the U.S. has seen in decades if not longer........
......wow....what flavour was the kool-aid?.......
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 01:01:29 PM by Spoonman »
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

arimaBOATER

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »

aluminium pyrimond power the cure for Covid-19
Or let 's call it Corid -19 we rid it or it rid us !

Oh I get it...aluminium pyrimond power a new religion !
We aluminium pyrimond members know all truth...

Finally ..vote for republican or democrat or the new aluminium pyrimond party !!!

Oh ok dunce hat...we pick at straws & hope for best...

PM of Britain now has "the virus "
Politians tell us on tv ...isolate wash hands...and they are surrounded by people near the mic. Like a football huddle. 
Gov. of Georgia think it was...when he heard there were 3 cases in his state ,immeadiately closed all schools etc...
Here in BC ..Washington St has virus keep the border open for the public....keep the planes coming in from all over.....BC people increased numbers of infection skyrocket ...close border/ limit flights ..
....little tooooo late.
But if the infection gets on skid row ...the curve may happen with isolation in our communities but John's going to hookers for service ...drug addicts...the virus will stay alive & keep being re introduced to our communities.
Is the gov going to get people in skid row to isolate ?
They are in groups...where do they put them to isolate?
Will they want to be isolated.
Like a forrest fire being put down ya got to put out the hot spots or the fire may flare up again.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:17 PM »

As for your money - it would be best for you to invest in something more solid than Trump's possible victory in November.

Knew you would chicken on that. Money where your yap is Ol' Boy...

Nog

Robert_G

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »

......wow....what flavour was the kool-aid?.......

I see the critical thinking or lack there of has effected several people. If Trump was bought and paid for, the establishment would love him...it's that simple. So I'll ask you...if Trump is bought and paid for and doing exactly what they want him to do, why does the establishment want to get rid of him? Its a simple question to answer.

Robert_G

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2020, 12:57:26 PM »

aluminium pyrimond power the cure for Covid-19
Or let 's call it Corid -19 we rid it or it rid us !

Oh I get it...aluminium pyrimond power a new religion !
We aluminium pyrimond members know all truth...

Finally ..vote for republican or democrat or the new aluminium pyrimond party !!!

Oh ok dunce hat...we pick at straws & hope for best...

PM of Britain now has "the virus "
Politians tell us on tv ...isolate wash hands...and they are surrounded by people near the mic. Like a football huddle. 
Gov. of Georgia think it was...when he heard there were 3 cases in his state ,immeadiately closed all schools etc...
Here in BC ..Washington St has virus keep the border open for the public....keep the planes coming in from all over.....BC people increased numbers of infection skyrocket ...close border/ limit flights ..
....little tooooo late.
But if the infection gets on skid row ...the curve may happen with isolation in our communities but John's going to hookers for service ...drug addicts...the virus will stay alive & keep being re introduced to our communities.
Is the gov going to get people in skid row to isolate ?
They are in groups...where do they put them to isolate?
Will they want to be isolated.
Like a forrest fire being put down ya got to put out the hot spots or the fire may flare up again.
You're 100% right.
60000 homeless people in LA doing drugs/sharing needles, exchanging stolen goods together every day while working people are isolated in their homes. Someone tell me how that stops a virus??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 69