Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195491 times)

Robert_G

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #1005 on: May 31, 2020, 07:34:20 PM »

However I feel very strongly the cause of almost all the problems is the prohibition model. Maintaining these sort drugs illegal has created enormous social costs and huge profit opportunities for organized crime. There is almost no evidence that more laws and harder justice sanctions against users will improve the situation. If you look at the US where in most jurisdictions they are 'tougher', the problems are far worse.

I don't think making hard drugs legal is going to help anyone.

People will still die from them. The argument goes further and the 'left' suggests that the government should give drug users 'safer' drugs to keep them from buying the 'dangerous' drugs off the street.
We've already seen proof this doesn't work. We have legal pot shops now. Most people who buy there are ones for medicinal use. There are some who can't be bothered to by from a dealer, but those who use pot for the sole purpose of getting stoned have continuously complained about the quality of 'shop pot'. Apparently the highest quality stuff is only available on the streets.
I know lots of users from work and other places that have confirmed this and they don't buy from pot shops.

Hard drugs would go the same way. A government approved heroin (much like today's current pot) is not going to be as potent as the addict wants. They will tire of it quickly and look for the harder street stuff.

I honestly think your idea that organized crime would drop much if at all is a pipe dream.
Even if the government gave out free approved heroin and opioids (which has been suggested)….there is NO WAY they are going to give out free meth....and probably not crack either. There is no such thing as ANY type of meth that is safe. Meth will always be organized crime as long as remains as cheap as it is. The amount of meth users is substantial. I think crack will probably follow close behind.
Pure cocaine is simply too expensive and most street addicts can't afford it. Therefore if it's not on the list of government approved drugs...it will still be traded in the underground market alongside meth and crack.....but probably a different level of dealers.

Robert_G

« Reply #1006 on: May 31, 2020, 07:37:00 PM »

Somebody: “I have been involved in cancer research”

Robert G: “You have no idea what you’re talking about. BTW, God is great!”

Please don't put a sentence in quotes and insert my name on it when I didn't say that. I never said that.
If anything should be deleted from this topic that is it.
You should never be allowed to make up quotes of something someone did NOT say.
That's as about as low as you can get. Get a life.

Robert_G

« Reply #1007 on: May 31, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »

Imo,
Gord J is right. You are wrong on this when Robert.

I've seen it...I've witnessed it...heard the testimonies....all first hand information.
If it didn't happen, that makes me a liar.
If you want to call me a liar, I can't stop you.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #1008 on: May 31, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »

Robert when you described my marriage to catholic you pretty much called my wife a liar. Using words like “IF” and “NOT” when discussing her faith or her happiness you are saying she’s either lying to me about her faith or her happiness. If you don’t like being called a liar then I suggest you read what you’ve typed before pressing post. I also suggest you put away your computer for a while. You need a break.

Robert_G

« Reply #1009 on: May 31, 2020, 08:51:51 PM »

Robert when you described my marriage to catholic you pretty much called my wife a liar. Using words like “IF” and “NOT” when discussing her faith or her happiness you are saying she’s either lying to me about her faith or her happiness. If you don’t like being called a liar then I suggest you read what you’ve typed before pressing post. I also suggest you put away your computer for a while. You need a break.

Not even close. I described and explained the truth about Christian faith. I said your wife was either 1 or 2. There was no third option. I didn't say which one she was...so I didn't label her anything.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #1010 on: May 31, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »

I reckon there are many Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, people of all faiths and the faithless on FWR.  As far as demographics go likely a fair chunk of Christians out of the 7500 members.  Quite curious how only 2 are vocal and the others silent.  I'm guessing they find Robert_G's posts and rants completely ridiculous.  I question sometimes whether he's serious or a true troll.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #1011 on: May 31, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »

Funny I got PMs from a couple of other Christians on this site after you posted that about my marriage, people I do not know messaging me saying not all Christians are like you and congratulating me on my 31 years of happy marriage. Strangers telling me not to paint all Christian’s with the same brush because they’re not all like YOU. Your world is not the only world Robert. No need to respond my friend. I won’t reply. Lay low, put the computer away, it’ll be good for you. Peace out

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #1012 on: May 31, 2020, 09:24:29 PM »

This thread reminds of an inmate I used to deal with when I worked at BC Penitentiary. I had a guy on my caseload doing a life sentence for raping and killing a young girl. He like a lot of other inmates suddenly "discovered" God after he was convicted and sentenced. He would carry a bible around the prison preaching to anyone and everyone about God. I warned him about the possible consequences of his preaching to other inmates. His response was God will protect me. The following week he was stabbed by two inmates in the shower. He was placed in PCU (Protective Custody Unit) for his own protection.

Robert_G

« Reply #1013 on: May 31, 2020, 09:32:31 PM »

As far as demographics go likely a fair chunk of Christians out of the 7500 members.  Quite curious how only 2 are vocal and the others silent. 

There are more people who confess to be Christians that are too afraid or embarrassed to proclaim the gospel and witness wherever they go then there are true Christians that actually do it.

Funny I got PMs from a couple of other Christians on this site after you posted that about my marriage, people I do not know messaging me saying not all Christians are like you and congratulating me on my 31 years of happy marriage. Strangers telling me not to paint all Christian’s with the same brush because they’re not all like YOU. Your world is not the only world Robert. No need to respond my friend. I won’t reply. Lay low, put the computer away, it’ll be good for you. Peace out

I don't care if you reply.
I'll say it to you plainly again.
Anyone who calls themselves a Christian and is married to someone but doesn't give a crap if their spouse goes to hell or not is NOT a Christian...no way no how....period. The bible makes no mistake in teaching that. Like I said....if you're wife is a true Christian, she cries herself to sleep at night at the thought of losing you. I know that is not what you want to hear but it's the truth.
As for the people messaging you....sounds like they don't care either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:35:03 PM by Robert_G »

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1014 on: May 31, 2020, 09:40:03 PM »

There are more people who confess to be Christians that are too afraid or embarrassed to proclaim the gospel and witness wherever they go then there are true Christians that actually do it.

I don't care if you reply.
I'll say it to you plainly again.
Anyone who calls themselves a Christian and is married to someone but doesn't give a crap if their spouse goes to hell or not is NOT a Christian...no way no how....period. The bible makes no mistake in teaching that. Like I said....if you're wife is a true Christian, she cries herself to sleep at night at the thought of losing you. I know that is not what you want to hear but it's the truth.
As for the people messaging you....sounds like they don't care either.

LOL.... Again how miserable your life away from the keyboard has to be if you are convincing yourself that you're more Christian or happier than someone else's wife? If anyone who's gonna rot in hell, it's gonna be you unfortunately. :D

like I said on many many pages ago, feel sorry for whoever, wife, kids, dogs, whatever, are living with you. What a miserable environment they must be in.

31 years iblly, that's pretty awesome!

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #1015 on: May 31, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »

global pandemic, locust swarms in india and anarchy in the streets

end of times... 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #1016 on: May 31, 2020, 10:03:48 PM »

F off with the “go to” garbage. I’ve lived and worked with people who have struggled and for you to suggest that some group of zealots have had success is insulting. I can go to one of your faith healer sites that “prove” that they can heal people but apparently those are the ones waiting for Covid to pass so that they can get back to their business of healing people. Have any of your “faith based” healers ever cured an amputee?
Why do you think that because you have a belief in your god that you are somehow superior to me? I can understand a lot of complex ideas and being religious does not make you any wiser than me, it just means that your belief system (which I and a lot of others have examined and rejected) incites you to pronounce your supposed superiority over me constantly. I’m getting tired of it.
God is a word just like Buddha, Mohamed, Zeus or Odin. They are as important to me as all the other fairies, leprechauns or gremlins. I’m not interested in hearing your views on my beliefs, or in fact, anyone else’s. I’m getting tired of reading the daily ramblings that are meant to lead me to a better path because my belief system has me on a path that I choose to follow. I wish you could keep your proselytizing to your self and stick to non religious posts.
GordJ ......ok there are lots of bad examples in Christianity. You say you and your friends studied the subject and rejected.
I like you ...was very critical ...skeptic ......for me to believe in this Christ and Holy Bible my evidence would have to be like seeing my hand with my eyes.
Yes there is my right hand....no one can tell me I do not have so right hand ...
My faith in this Jesus would have to be the same.
A knowing ...a 100% know so....before I would ever say I'm a believer.
Prayer to Jesus with all my heart...and asked if He is truly God and alive.
The Presence of God came on me "big time".
That is when I knew Jesus is the Way Truth and Life.
The Bible talks about a real devil who does not want people to get salvation.
In 1977 an evil presence came into my bedroom !!!
Evil x 1000 !!!
3:30 am.
The demon exited when I commanded it to....using Jesus Name.
Deuteronomy ch 18:10-12...
Warns about the occult / witchcraft practises...
I've known an ex witch and ex satanists as they became Christians. Yes right here in the Vancouver area.
The ex satanists I helped get their story in the Vancouver Province newspaper....the very am it was in the Sat. paper ...a demonic presence came into my room at 3:30 !!! ( as mentioned. )
There was police checking into church break ins and vandalism ....in the LML ...
666 ....satan ......etc were spray painted on the church walls.
I gave some general info to the police...on the occult ...showed them 2 16mm movie projector films on the subject of the occult...but from a Christian prospective.
One film was called The Occult. 60 min.
The other...Satan on the Loose 30 minute film. ( there's a book also titled the same )
I remember asking one police officer who was checking into these church break ins....if he was a Christian ?
He said he was not.
Told him that if this was the work of satanists breaking into churches and doing the vandalism he may be the target of a demonic attack.
The devil does not want a cop arresting satanists ...( concerned he had no protection ) Ephesians 6:10-20.
As it turns out this very officer shot himself in the head with his own gun.
Just saying.....
There was a famous psychic in the Vancouver area....he'd be a guest on CKNW Bill Good radio show.
Many of you know of Bill Good.
He was doing stuff with the 70s Canucks...later on CBC news anchor ...when with GlobalBC news...then to radio....this psychic was also a weekly  guest on the live CKVU Vancouver Show. 7-9 pm live with in studio audience. The psychic came on as guest every Tues.
This psychic readings were so specific ...the person who was having a reading done would burst in tears or cry out...
Knowing about demonology "a bit more than the average joe" as I did astral projection ( demonic ability) before coming to Christ....so I knew where this psychic powers came from...so off I went to CKVU tv studios on a Tues.
......my goal was to give this psychic Christian material on warning on the occult.
Possibly this psychic was sincere in his readings and he thought he really was contacting dead people on the other side....to give messages to people wanting a reading...
As it turns out upon entering the front door near the reception ( lady story desk/counter. ) plus a rent a cop...uniformed security guard was also present...and there comes out the psychic...he was about to go into the tv studio.
Got his attention. Gave him the big envelope which he took...I told him it has Christian materials warning on the occult.
He then called over the security guard and whispered something to him.
I was friendly and civil ...but then this security guard totally goes nuts ....grabs my arm and started directing me out of the building...he like totally over reacted...
Even after I went out peacefully and got in my car parked across the street ...the security guy was pacing back and forth on the sideway smoking a cig.
Anyways the following week ...I tuned in the Vancouver Show on the Tuesday..( was live tv Mon to Fri from 7 to 9 pm or possibly 3 hrs...maybe 7-10pm ?  ) to see the psychic live ...well he was a no show...
The next Tues he is a no show....
Never heard of him again on CKNW radio or seen him again on The Vancouver live tv program.
Maybe he was on radio or maybe he was on tv but on another day ....who knows ...maybe I just missed it.
Saying all this ...GordJ there is a real prince of darkness who is doing everything he can to keep you and others from truly praying to Christ from your heart.
Scripture says: Those that call on the name of The Lord ( Jesus ) will be saved.
Word also says : those that draw close to God ...God will draw close to them.
A Bible scholar was asked what deep Bible insight did he find in the many yrs of studying the Word.
He replied : Jesus loves me this I know ..for the Bible tells me so.
There is an evil power GordJ that does not want you to be saved.
And do not complicate the gospel...just act on it's simple truth and pray to Jesus directly...
If you really pray....100% you will get a response.
Your searching will be over.
You will never thirst or hunger for any other truth....because you will have found it.
Back in the 1970s there was a public campaign ...I Found It.
On tv commercials billboards...etc...people were asking ...gee wonder what they found?
Then a week or two later : We found new life in Jesus !!!!
ABOUT TO POST...and it says 6 replies have posted......oh well let's make it 7.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #1017 on: May 31, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

I don't think making hard drugs legal is going to help anyone.

decriminalizing and legalizing are different approaches.

31 years iblly, that's pretty awesome!

the wife and I will hit 42 this year. Neither of us has a religion. Yet her family has included 3 ministers; one grandfather and 2 uncles.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:08:25 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1018 on: May 31, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »

Knowing about demonology "a bit more than the average joe" as I did astral projection ( demonic ability) before coming to Christ....so I knew where this psychic powers came from...so off I went to CKVU tv studios on a Tues.
......my goal was to give this psychic Christian material on warning on the occult.
Possibly this psychic was sincere in his readings and he thought he really was contacting dead people on the other side....to give messages to people wanting a reading...
As it turns out upon entering the front door near the reception ( lady story desk/counter. ) plus a rent a cop...uniformed security guard was also present...and there comes out the psychic...he was about to go into the tv studio.
Got his attention. Gave him the big envelope which he took...I told him it has Christian materials warning on the occult.
He then called over the security guard and whispered something to him.
I was friendly and civil ...but then this security guard totally goes nuts ....grabs my arm and started directing me out of the building...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I really shouldn't laugh... but you're so gullible and disconnected with reality, it's both sad and funny.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1019 on: May 31, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »

Wow! :o