Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Support For An Ailing Fishing and Hunting Gal  (Read 1858 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Support For An Ailing Fishing and Hunting Gal
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »

This young Gal from Ladysmith has Cystic Fibrosis. Without a double lung transplant, she is destined to die:

https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/community/defying-the-odds-jackie-bates-raises-funds-for-double-lung-transplant/

Unfortunately due to the Virus restrictions, her fundraiser had to be cancelled.

However, they have set up a Go Fund Me account to try and offset the funding she will require to get through this:

https://ca.gofundme.com/f/new-lungs-for-jackie-bates

Even having been shut down for work for a lengthy time, and now housebound (high risk) for the foreseeable future, I simply could not help but put something towards her cause.

I hope that a few others here can see their way clear to lend a helping hand where it is so desperately needed...
Cheers & Thanks
Nog

PS: I hope this is not contravening any Forum Rules. If so, please let me know and how to re-phrase...
Thanks

ShaunO

Re: Support For An Ailing Fishing and Hunting Gal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:52:21 AM »

I chipped in what I could, which wasn't a tonne, but if we all did just a little, we could raise the remaining $1000 she needs pretty easily.

ShaunO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »

I got an email from GoFundMe today reporting that through the generosity of the hunting, fishing and island communities, Jackie met and exceeded her fundraising goal.  She's not out of the woods yet, but what she has raised will go a long way to making her upcoming procedures a little less overwhelming.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »

Yes. Very Good News.
We have combined effectively to give her the fighting chance she needs.

Best of Luck Gal! We're pulling for you!

Cheers,
Nog