Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hatzic lake  (Read 309 times)

Jelly_

Hatzic lake
« on: April 22, 2024, 09:08:35 PM »

Hello everyone, for those who have fished Hatzic lake:
1) Where can I launch my kayak? Is there a dock or will I have to launch off from shore?
2) How weedy is the lake? Are there any areas with a rocky bottom or a lot of structure?
3) Any other tips/tricks on this lake?
Will be fishing for pretty much anything, but primarily bass, crappie, and trout.
Thanks in advance.

BMo86

Re: Hatzic lake
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 11:22:29 PM »

You’ll have to launch from shore. Lake right now is not too weedy yet but as the weather gets warmer there is lots of weeds. For bass and carp focus on the reeds that are there right now. The lake gets deep at the far north side. Haven’t fished it lots but mostly carp fish when I’m bored.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 06:42:57 AM »

You can hand launch boats at Neilson Regional Park. https://www.fvrd.ca/EN/main/parks-recreation/parks-trails/neilson.html

One downside is that you aren’t launching adjacent to your vehicle and it’s a fair walk across the grass to the water.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 07:32:19 AM »

there is no boat launch per se but you can launch kayaks and other light craft.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jelly_

« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:23:37 PM »

Thanks for the help guys, are there any spots along the lake where the fish hang out a lot? The small channels around hatzic bridge do seem like potential spots, but can't seem to find a suitable spot to launch my kayak.

BMo86

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:45:12 PM »

I often see guys pull over and launch before the small bridge on shook road. There’s lots of people fish off highway 7 near the bridge at the inlet for the lake. I’ve only seen them catch very small bass or panfish