Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: beads, BEADS BEADS. Help please for a newb. For vedder/squamish  (Read 16734 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: beads, BEADS BEADS. Help please for a newb. For vedder/squamish
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »

I use T-stops for all my beads. They work with any brand of soft bead.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2020, 06:17:34 AM »

Any home made "mgyver" bead stops (soft beads) to be had? I've been to 2 stores and they had none in stock. I tried double knotting a piece of dental floss on monofilament as well as a thin rubber band...but both slipped....thx for any ideas...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:09:15 AM by dennisK »

cabro

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »

Any home made "mgyver" bead stops (soft beads) to be had? I've been to 2 stores and they had none in stock. I tried double knotting a piece of dental floss on monofilament as well as a thin rubber band...but both slipped....thx for any ideas...

You can use float stops, Hatchmatchr has lots in stock.

https://www.hatchmatchr.com/products/dne-float-stopper/

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »

Float stops and mini sequins.

I found that even with T-stops, if you get into fish or a snag, the bead will still pull through.

cabro

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2020, 05:05:45 PM »

I found the bead pulled through as well while fighting a Chinook but was able to push the bead back through afterwords. Will see how long that holds up...

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2020, 08:22:51 PM »

Float stops and mini sequins.

I found that even with T-stops, if you get into fish or a snag, the bead will still pull through.

And ? Who cares. A fish is still worth the cost of a bead. Pack a beads is like 5 bux. T-stops shine the best when you fail to set the hook on a bite. Thats the whole purpose of a T-stop. With a bobber stop a fail on a set would result in a bead right on the shank of the hook. Its toast at that point. Ive been using T-Stops for years. I find that they are vest when used with beads without the molded hole in the center. The BNR beads WILL slip over the hole after a few missed opportunities. While the other beads loke Never Quit tend to stay on longer.

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »

Just answering a guys questions, no need for the abruptness. Just need to set someone's expectations about bead stops no matter which they get.

I agree, you can just readjust the bead. In fact, you can just put the soft bead thru the hook to rest on top of the hook eye, i've caught and seen others catch this way.

Probably not a big deal as you say in the long run.

I've lost more hard beads with the line wrapped twice (most solid pegging) )due to snags faster than i ever lose the soft beads becoming unusable due to wear and tear.