Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now that the election is over...  (Read 1919 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Now that the election is over...
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »

...try and lay your hands on an election sign.

They make excellent fishing cutting surfaces. Doesn't dull your knife like a cutting board and cleans up easily with an outside hose. A layer of newspaper, that can go into your green bin makes, clean up even easier.   

To make it even more satisfying, try and get a election sign from a candidate you DIDN't vote for :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Now that the election is over...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »

Anyone else noticed that there are far lesser signs than in previous elections ?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »

...try and lay your hands on an election sign.

They make excellent fishing cutting surfaces. Doesn't dull your knife like a cutting board and cleans up easily with an outside hose. A layer of newspaper, that can go into your green bin makes, clean up even easier.   

To make it even more satisfying, try and get a election sign from a candidate you DIDN't vote for :)

if there was a post of the month for this website, this ^ would be it!

Thank God it's over!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

mcallagan

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 11:49:23 AM »

I know in Surrey you were not allowed to put them up on public land.
They had to be on private land like your own yard.
This was put in place due to the problems that the city had after elections to get them all removed.
Some parties / candidates would say screw it because they lost, why spend the money, leave them alone for the city to spend the money cleaning up the signs.

Due to the lack of signage I didn't even know who was running for what parties in my area.