Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Message To Anglers  (Read 5716 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
A Message To Anglers
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:15:32 AM »

milo

• Old Timer
Re: A Message To Anglers
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »

I voted early, and based on my observations, my riding will almost certainly not give a seat to (in my best Gollum impersonation) "the sneaky little liberals. Wicked. Tricksy. False.They will cheat you. Hurt you. Lie!
Leave now and NEVER COME BACK!"

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »

Agree. The minister and the Liberals should be booted for their betrayal of BC. They rather let SNC Lavalin off the hook of prosecution for bribery to protect 9000 jobs in Montreal and in turn they rather let BC coastal communities suffer just to appease FN. They don't deserve BC votes.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »

They fooled me last time.
Not this time.
Best thing that could happen is we send Mr.Wilkinson (the main Clown) along to the Circus.

fishdreamer

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 05:58:25 PM »

I hope you are not thinking Scheer, little Harper, is going to be the alternative! Those 10 years were a disaster for fisheries! Muzzled scientists!  I know many a DFO and you don’t want a repeat. I agree that the Libeal guy is a loser too but we don’t need a bigger loser.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 11:52:45 PM »

I voted early, and based on my observations, my riding will almost certainly not give a seat to (in my best Gollum impersonation) "the sneaky little liberals. Wicked. Tricksy. False.They will cheat you. Hurt you. Lie!
Leave now and NEVER COME BACK!"

I live in your riding. You can run a blind monkey with a NDP label and it would get elected.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »

This MP is not my rep in parliament. It is unfortunate that his parties ( indirectly ) policies directly effect me. It is a shame that he won in a landslide. Unbelievable. For things like Brownface, peoplekind mansplaning, a criminal offense to have a drink after two hours of driving, the mortgage stress test, the largest deficit in Canadian history, violation of the ethics code of conduct, the india trip fashion show, the national carbon tax, lying about political interference AND THEN openly admitting to it ( SNC Lavalin )........... all in 4 year ? I am shocked this government was elected again. Just shocked at how forgiving the people of Canada are. Just shocked.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:13:03 PM by Hike_and_fish »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »

This MP is not my rep in parliament. It is unfortunate that his parties ( indirectly ) policies directly effect me. It is a shame that he won in a landslide. Unbelievable. For things like Brownface, peoplekind mansplaning, a criminal offense to have a drink after two hours of driving, the mortgage stress test, the largest deficit in Canadian history, violation of the ethics code of conduct, the india trip fashion show, the national carbon tax, lying about political interference AND THEN openly admitting to it ( SNC Lavalin )........... all in 4 year ? I am shocked this government was elected again. Just shocked at how forgiving the people of Canada are. Just shocked.

You hit the nail on the head.  Shocked
If Trudeau was the leader of the PC party the PC's would be in power tonight.
High % of voters do not vote on policy ethics or plain common sense. They vote on how the guy looks like & how he says things. Lies or truth does not matter it's his charisma good looks jogs smiles.
Canada in 4 yrs will owe more billions. 
 Alice Wong PC won in my area so I breath easier.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »

You hit the nail on the head.  Shocked
If Trudeau was the leader of the PC party the PC's would be in power tonight.
High % of voters do not vote on policy ethics or plain common sense. They vote on how the guy looks like & how he says things. Lies or truth does not matter it's his charisma good looks jogs smiles.
Canada in 4 yrs will owe more billions. 
 Alice Wong PC won in my area so I breath easier.

The deficit is always passed down. I predict an increase is some kind of tax. Carbon tax ? Because we all know the carbon tax just go STRAIGHT into government coffers. But hey, its effective because we drive less. How dare Canadians contribute to 1.8% global emissions. We should pay a tax on carbon. China or the USA shouldn't. Makes sense.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:08 PM »

Not shocked at all. The Liberals were ahead in the polls in both Ontario and Quebec. If it wasn't for the resurgence of the Bloc in Quebec, we would be seeing a Liberal majority.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 12:06:36 AM »

Andrew Scheer gave a super positive creative after election speech.
Very very very creative & very very positive with tons of points/ideas.
Things like PCs won the popular vote, got more seats, & Libs lost seats & he said the PC party has put Trudeau on "notice". Setting Liberals up for the kill in next election.
Trudeau speech was one with a look of shifty & glassy eyes.
He reminds me of a guy standing on melting ice. Just a matter of time.
NDP guy sounded like he won the election.
He knows many in his party like & dislike him as leader.
Green Party God help us if she ever got a majority. Our cannons would be pulled by horses.
Bloc guy is another guy with big smiles.
Give us what we want or we separate.
People's party ZERO. Hole in boat. Sank with Capt. on board.
& we have Judy Raybolt (sp?)
Independent wins !
She just may be a thorn in Trudeau's side.
She will measure Justin's nose every month to see if it got shorter or longer. Truth or lies. 
The drama continues.
Will Trudeau's good looks & smile win him another yet election in future or will people smell the coffee & vote in the PC's. Not a perfect party but the lesser of all evils.
Gee surprised I commented on this subject because religion ( Christianity ) & politics are taboo subjects.
Too controversial & hot potato topics.  :)
Election night so guess it's ok.
Did anyone see a news report in the media that the Liberals stated by 2025 they will require fish farms to be land based & containment. In other words no more fish lice...salmon fish pens in ocean salt water etc...

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 07:13:56 AM »

I live in your riding. You can run a blind monkey with a NDP label and it would get elected.

Sadly, Terry Beech won, which means one fewer vote against the pipeline and fossil fuels being loaded on tankers in the Burrard inlet...sickening.
Fish assassin, I don't think we live in the same riding. I moved out of East Van and into North Burnaby several years ago.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »

Highly unlikely there be any further votes in the House on the TransMountain Expansion. It is a done deal and all the legislation needed to build it is in place. In the unlikely event a vote comes up during the upcoming session does any one think the Conservatives won't support a government bill to ensure it's built?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 04:00:16 PM »

Glad Terry Beech got elected ending Svend Robinson's comeback attempt after being absent for 15 years. Actually Beech was one of two Liberals who voted against the pipeline.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 05:59:46 PM »

Glad Terry Beech got elected ending Svend Robinson's comeback attempt after being absent for 15 years. Actually Beech was one of two Liberals who voted against the pipeline.

Yes, he was. And he's got my respect for that. But I have lost all respect/sympathy/hope for his boss.
As for Svend, he should just retire. As courageous as he was to come out of the closet when he did, the theft of the ring has marked him for life. NDP should start breeding some young blood for this riding in 2023.